Career Opportunities: Youth Co Care Workers (Coaches / Mentors)
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV- International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu. SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit suitably qualified persons to become: Social Workers for SOS CV KE Family Strengthening Program based in Kisumu under Next Economy Programme (1 Year newable).
Youth Co Care Workers (Coaches/Mentor)
Key Functions of the Job
- The Youth co care workers who are (social workers) will undertake various duties which include and are not limited to the following:-
- They will schedule and format meetings with programme participant/s to mentor them towards entreprenurship and employability options in liaison with Family Strengthening coordinator who is coordinating the Next economy Programme.
- Guide the programme participant’s learning and demonstrations of program competencies, assisting the participants’ understanding of the impact on their participation in the programme by:
- Mobilizing/supporting programme participants to participate actively in the programme with a vision to be economically sound to realize their full pontenial.
- Sharing experiences from own learning and experiences, helping participant identify avenues to increase learning, for example, business articles, other peers and other relevant networks.
- Using coaching approaches to support and increase the client’s (programme participants) understanding of their own perspectives about issues and concepts.
- Attest to participant’s completion of each phase of the program. SOS CV Kenya will create the evidentiary templates to obtain this testament.
- Network with organizations private, corporates and NGOs for supporting youth to initiate income generating initiatives and also support them on job placements.
- Build and maintain relationships with various types of employers offering internship and workplace learning opportunities
- Structure and guide workplace learning / internship programmes through facilitating (learning) sessions with youth and employers
- Degree in Social Sciences.
- Certificate in mentorship/coaching and should be computer literate.
- At least 3 years in working with youth in areas of employability, development work, partnership and entrepreneurship in public/private/NGO services environment.
- Experience working with youth focused organization/s for a minimum of 2 years in coaching and mentoring youth.
- Demonstrable experience in creating and/or approving policies and business practices that indicate service system management approaches, or nomination by a peer or senior manager
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application letter(stating current and expected pay) & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the National Director to reach us on or before 14th September 2018 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: For Social worker (Mentor/Coaches) position will be for 1 year renewable according to performance.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.