Role Profile: Stocks and Logistics Assistant
Background: Responsible for handling general services and procurement matters for East Africa Region composed of Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia, Sudan, and South Sudan.
- The successful candidate will be involved in stores & inventory management and carry out logistical assignments related to events, conferences and internal meetings ;
- The candidate is expected to co – ordinate the follow – up activities needed for our client’s office supplies and stock management;
- Receive office supplies, spare parts, etc. ordered by client;
- Carry out verification of quantities, references and prices according to the purchase order ;
- Verify delivery notes; oversee the quality control of the delivered goods in collaboration with the requisitioning staff to detect discrepancies and nonconformity and share reports;
- Prepare and sign the delivery note and transmit items to users or stockrooms;
- Assign and allocate article code to each office supply or spare item and record into the stock database according to established procedures;
- Manage storage, recording and distribution of office supplies and spare parts and determine whether they to be maintained in stock or disposed off;
- Receive requests from the various departments and input data into the database;
- Monitor and follow up on all requests as well as acquisitions and distributions, generate and print information on monthly consumption of stock items;
- Draft and propose the physical inventory plan, according to the specified procedures;
- Estimate the duration and the resources required to conduct the physical inventories;
- Conduct physical inventory as specified using the tools provided, and reconcile the results with the electronic stock using a computer system, (if available) determine the causes for variances and propose actions to reduce them, get them approved and amend the records to reflect the variances;
- Supervise the movements of consumables office supplies and spare parts from location to location;
- Operate and maintain administratively a computer stock management system to track, monitor and report on office supplies or spare parts.
- Liaise requests for meeting rooms’ reservation from user departments between the organization and the Service providers.
- Coordinate acquisition of hospitality services using existing framework contracts
- Have Master’s Degree in any field or first degree in Economics, Finance, Administration, Engineering or Procurement with professional qualifications from a recognised Institution locally or abroad.
- Professional qualifications in Stores or Logistics Management.
- Have a minimum of five years Stores and Logistics Management practical experience. Or at least seven years if they have a first degree only.
- Be knowledgeable on event management.
- Have knowledge or Procurement experience (This is an added advantage)
- Have worked with international organisation (This is an added advantage)
- Language Proficiency: Speaks English fluently with basic knowledge of working in a French speaking environment.
- Computers Proficiency – MS Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) SAP.
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to email@example.com by 27th August 2018, clearly indicating the job title.
Strictly observe the deadline.