PMI VectorLink Kenya Project
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1.
Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria.
Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project seeks candidates to assist in implementing in six sub counties (Rongo, Awendo, Uriri, Suna East, Suna West and Nyatike) in Migori and Eight Sub- counties (Rangwe, Homabay Township, Ndhiwa, Mbita, Rachuonyo North, Kabondo, Kasipul and Suba) in Homabay county Kenya in the following temporary positions:
NB: These positions will be on a short term contract, not more than 2 months and/or on need basis.
Supervisor: Warehouse Manager
Location: Migori County, Kenya
No. Required: 70 (30 Migori and 40 Homabay)
Overall Purpose: To oversee the management, receipt, delivery, and inventory control of items for the Operation Site store.
- Osingo Dispensary
- Agenga Dispensary
- Muhuru H/C
- Uriri Health Centre,
- Oyani Health Centre
- Suna Ragana Dispensary
- Mariwa H/C
- Suna Rabuor Dispensary
- Macalder SCH
- Nyandago Koweru Health Centre
- Othoro sub county hospital,
- Nyamaranga H/C
- Ongo Health Centre
- Rabondo Dispensary
- Migori County Referal Hospital
- Wath Onger
- Rongo Sub county Hospital
- Lela Dispensary
- Bondo Dispensary
- Kochola Dispensary
- Dede Dispensary
- Anjego Dispensary
- Karungu SCH
- Awendo SCH
- Bware Dispensary
- Arombe Dispensary
- North Kamagambo
Homabay operations sites
- Kitare H/C
- Ogongo SCH
- Mbita SCH
- Suba Sub District Hospital, , Center,
- Nyamrisa Health Center
- Nyandiwa H/C
- Nyatoto Health Center,
- Magunga Health Center
Kasipul (Rachuonyo South) Sub-county
- Sino Health Center,
- Koywech Dispensary,
- Rachuonyo District Hospital,
- Nyang’iela Sub District Hospital
- Ombek Health Center
Kabondo (Rach East) Sub-county
- Kakelo (Ober) Chief’s camp,
- Othoro SCH,
- Kabondo SCH,
- Ringa Chief’s camp
Homabay Town ship Sub-county
- Nyalkinyi Health Center,
- County HQ
- Pala masogo
Rachuonyo North Sub-county
- Okiki Amayo H/C,
- Kendu bay Sub-county Hospital,
- Wagwe Dispensary
- Miriu Dispensary,
- Omboga Dispensary
- Homa Hills
- Nyagoro Health Center,
- Rangwe Sub-county hospital
- Rariw Dispensary
- Ndiru Health centre
- Malela HC,
- Okok Disp,
- Omboo Kachieng, Disp
- Magina HC
- Pala Disp,
- Got Kojowi Health Center.
- Ndhiwa Sub County Hospital
- To oversee daily operations of store and maintain inventory system at proper levels.
- To ensure proper storage and identification of all items.
- Ensure all insecticides units are serialized as required before issuing.
- To inspect commodities received in the Operation store to verify quality and quantity of items delivered.
- To keep track of receipts, records and withdrawals of all IRS related commodities in the Operation store.
- Follow up on supply requests from Warehouse and liaise with the Warehouse Manager to monitor progress.
- Coordinate with the security guard on tracking movement of persons in the stores.
- Ensure proper material and equipment storage to avoid damages and ensure rotation of short shelf life items.
- Ensure proper storage and accountability of IRS wastes prior to collection.
Required qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of certificate or diploma level in relevant field.
- At least 6 months experience working as a stores assistant desired.
- A certificate of good conduct may be required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skills including spoken and written English and Kiswahili, local languages are an added advantage.
- Additional professional training in procurement and logistics management preferred
- Membership of a recognized Professional Body i.e. either CIPS – UK or KISM would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of USAID procurement policies and regulations a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and procurement software;
- Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders
- Culturally astute, respectful and tolerant
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to Kenya_IRSJobs@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line e.g. “Environmental Compliance Assistant” and specify the location/ward preferred by COB Wednesday, September 12th, 2018.
Please note that where there are multiple duty locations indicated for a position advertised above, the candidate is encouraged to state the most preferred duty location in the subject line as well.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.