Starting date: Immediate.
Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role.
- Prepares mise-en-place for restaurant service.
- Ensures that the tables are well arranged and wiped before set-up is done.
- Ensures that the cutlery and crockery used by the guests are clean and properly polished.
- Ensures that all the sideboards are set well with all the items required.
- Sorts and polishes all menus before presenting them to the guests i.e. a la-Carte, dessert, beverage lists, cocktail cards and late night menus.
- Ensures that the glasses used for serving guests are clean and well-polished.
- Takes orders for food and beverage from guests, posts the same and serve accordingly.
- Informs and explains all the day’s specials and makes suggestions on food & beverage items to the guests.
- Ensures that the guest orders are served correctly as per the specifications
- Ensures that correct covers are provided for every specific food item ordered.
- Makes follow up on all orders posted.
- Keeps the guests informed of new developments in case of any delays.
- Ensures that the guests’ bills have the correct items served before presenting them.
- Ensures that all the bills opened in his/her station are settled.
- Any other duty assigned by management.
Who Are You?
Required skills and Competencies:
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Hospitality management or any related course
- At least 2 years Prior experience as a Waiter in a busy hotel
- Ability to multitask and attention to detail
- Superior customer service and people skills
- Knowledge of restaurant business operations
- Cross cultural sensitivity
- Teamwork / co-operation
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com
The application deadline is 24th August 2018
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For any further questions about this vacancy, visit our website at www.Tamarind.co.ke.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org