Job Vacancy: Technical Representative
Job Locations: Kericho, Kisumu, Naivasha and Eldoret
Overall Purpose of the Job: Provide technical know-how and business support skills in line with company/regional strategic initiatives geared towards attainment of set sales targets and customer service standards.
Reporting directly to the Regional Manager, the Technical Representative’s key focus areas are as follows:
- Day Old Chicks Sales Volume.
- Customer Satisfaction.
- Sales forecast/projections.
- Effective communication & timely submission of periodical reports
- Provide technical advice to farmers on management, vaccination and required poultry equipment.
- Train customers in best poultry rearing practices: housing, brooding, feeding, vaccinations and record keeping e.t.c.
- Develop & Implement territory poultry farmer’s coverage plan in order to provide structured technical support & build good relationship.
- Respond to customer complaints promptly
- Monitor & report all market parameters impacting on D.O.C. sales and quality. Provide data and maintain accurate records on competitor activities, sales and technical reports thereby ensuring that the management is fully informed at all times.
- Implement chicks’ promotional activities, farm visits, seminars, group sessions, livestock shows and interaction with other stakeholder.
- Monitor & keep records of our breed performances against competitor breeds targeting the key farmers in the region.
- Build up an updated customer database as a foundation for good customer relationships at all levels.
- Assist the Regional Manager with the distribution of chicks.
- Manage all assigned funds, materials and equipment in a secure and efficient manner in order to maximise on the use of the organisations’ assets.
Experience and Background Needed
- Degree or Diploma in Animal Science/health/agri-business or related course
- Previous experience in poultry or agricultural based institution will be an added advantage.
Other Vital Qualities
- Strong verbal & written communication, inter personal & customer service skills
- Good time management and ability to work accurately and meet deadlines
- Possess initiative, be able to plan and prioritize roles and have attention to detail
- Computer Literate.
- A working awareness and consciousness of quality
- A team player with attention to detail and follow up
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews