Job Title: Bakery & Deli Team Leaders
Overall Purpose of the Job: Provide overall leadership to the bakery team, responsible for all aspects of daily operations including planning, quality assurance and customer care.
- Build a positive work environment with outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are achieved.
- Ensure that the recipes are followed in the established proportions and communicate any scale up or scale down of batch sizes for verification.
- Follow through to make sure that the methodologies and production processes are strictly observed during the production of all the products.
- Schedule the production plans to make sure that the targets are achieved.
- Guide the sales team to ensure that there is proper handling of the products after baking to avoid damages.
- Maintain products quality by focusing on the key critical control points to make sure that the final products meets the required standards.
- Use product presentation guidelines to ensure that the products are well and neatly arranged in the glass displays and shelves.
- Plan the shifts in a way that will ensure continuity in production and service.
- Report all the indiscipline cases to management.
- Communicate and review the sales targets with the team on a weekly basis.
- Guide the teams in proper machine handling during usage.
- Schedule daily and weekly clean-up of equipment.
- Report breakdowns promptly and ensure that repairs are conducted satisfactorily.
- Keep a schedule and coordinate all equipment service.
- Recommend changes in product Menu based on market changes, customer demands and sales/margin reports.
- Raise inventory requisitions to direct suppliers and DC.
- Ensure that inventory received from DC and directed supplier is posted same day.
- Manage and control outlet inventory levels through the Hospitality module.
- Prepare stock management reports (direct supplies, stock-takes and accountability of any variances thereof, stock-damages/returns).
- Generate opening and closing stock records from system and verify with physical stock daily.
- Ensure correct stock rotation procedure, minimize wastage and correct recording of wastage.
- Ensure production plan are followed, record /posted.
- Raise IDT requests in the system and generate IDT reports for review and sign off by double checkers and Branch Manager.
- Bachelor of Food production or any other related field.
- Diploma in Food & Beverage.
- Minimum KCSE – C Plus
- At least one year working at the Deli or Bakery.
- Good communication
- Multi-tasking skills
- Well organized, excellent planning and organization skills
- Team player
- Computer literacy.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their application (CV and Cover letter) to Recruitment-Enquiry@tuskys.com ; depending on your field of interest quote either “Bakery Team Leader’’ or “Deli Team Leader’ “on the email subject.
Application deadline is Friday August 17th, 2018, at 5:00pm.
Late applications will not be considered.