Job Title: Category Manager – Home Entertainment
Overall Purpose of the Job: A successful category manager contributes to the profitability of each store by increasing the volume of products that are sold within the category, and improving the speed of inventory turnover within the category.
The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Tuskys brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes.
- Providing category buyers with customer focused insights regarding the product and category so to achieve successful buying plans.
- Often work closely with buyers to expand successful product lines, and implement successful exit strategies. In liaison with category buyer; is responsible for setting competitive pricing points, and adjusting the pricing to increase sales and clear out stagnant items from inventory.
- Develop, execute, and evaluate category specific strategies and business plans to deliver mutually agreed upon results. Effectively communicate strategies and initiatives to senior leadership.
- Planning and driving category sales budgets
- Develop innovative consumer centric on-shelf merchandising solutions along with creative off-shelf programs and promotions grounded in consumer data.
- Oversee the inventory management of product life cycles, including promotion purchases.
- Responsible for managing inventory and for effectively planning and forecasting in order to maximize the profitability of the inventory flow.
- Effectively leverage data to analyze daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales results to help understand if specific strategies and tactics are delivering the intended results.
- Assume leadership role in developing and communicating category business plans and tactics to all functional areas. Develop assortment plans to support the category strategy and objectives and drive store execution.
- Determining both local and overseas product trends and converting these into sales
- Ensuring all products meet legal and statutory obligations
- Design and lead category promotions both monthly and seasonal, including assortment and product mix to deliver sales and profit objectives and ensure the department’s financial objectives.
- Support internal customers by proactively responding to store inquiries/needs.
- Perform quarterly range review.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Diploma in sales and marketing or any other relevant diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with 2years in retail industry of FMCG firm.
Work Related Skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Good customer service skills
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their application (CV and Cover letter) to Recruitment-Enquiry@tuskys.com;
Quote “Category Manager-Home Entertainment “on the email subject.
Application deadline is Friday August 17th, 2018, at 5:00pm.
Late applications will not be considered.