Job Title: Inventory Controller
Overall Purpose of the Job: To manage inventory through the use of a computerized database system to maintain adequate levels of stock to meet daily distribution demands while minimizing excess supply.
Key Primary duties and responsibilities
- Implement improvement processes and systems to optimize inventory, minimize costs and maximize working capital.
- Ensure that all item codes are active and correctly captured in terms of cost price, selling price, description, warehouse code and unit of measure.
- Ensure that daily stock adjustments are correctly processed.
- Creation of entire inventory replenishment threshold procedures.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of the stock management system.
- Conduct Physical wall-to-wall Stock Takes on a monthly basis.
- Conduct Cycle Count Stock Checks as agreed with Supervisor.
- Daily update of stock issues to Shop floor &production and Stock Receipts from Shop Floor, Production areas e.g. Deli section and Suppliers in ERP System.
- Reporting monthly on slow moving stock and redundant stocks in terms of quantity, values and their requisite remedial action points.
- Reporting monthly on Inventory levels.
- Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
- Provision of inventory shrinkage reports.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in business operations, logistics, mathematics, or related field
- Diploma in IT or related field
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience in retail, wholesale, warehousing, or logistics
Work Related Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to coordinate and work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with computers and other standard office technology
- Familiarity with SAP enterprise resource planning software
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their application (CV and Cover letter) to Recruitment-Enquiry@tuskys.com ;
Quote “Inventory Controller “on the email subject.
Application deadline is Friday August 17th, 2018, at 5:00pm.
Late applications will not be considered.