University of Washington Kenya Adverts
Objective of this Position: To provide administrative support to research activities for an observational cohort study of mothers and infants in Nairobi, Kenya.
Work schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week), Monday through Friday.
Location: Position will be based at the study office in Nairobi, Kenya, with visits to the clinic (Mathare North Health Centre) and laboratory as needed.
Contract Duration: One year with opportunity for extension.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Coordinate submission of materials to the Kenyatta National Hospital Ethics and Research Committee for ethical approval of the study and shipment of samples to international destinations; obtain and distribute approval documents as appropriate.
- Assist with interview and hiring of research staff.
- Organize and maintain paper or electronic files related to study activities.
- Facilitate payment of research staff and sample transport drivers.
- Print consent forms and other paper study materials as needed; ensure materials are delivered to clinic or home visit staff.
- Purchase sample collection supplies and coordinate storage of supplies in study office and/or clinic; communicate with clinic and laboratory staff to ensure consistent availability and distribution of supplies.
- Assist clinic nurse manager with scheduling activities, including but not limited to arranging follow-up with clients and tracing participants who have not returned for scheduled visits.
- Communicate with both clinical staff and transport drivers to coordinate sample transfer from clinic to laboratory.
- Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of study participants and their data.
- Attend meetings with the clinic manager, study coordinator, and/or study leadership team to discuss research activities.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Making the monthly reports of the project expenses and reconciling the receipts of the field advance.
- Liaising with the contracts and grants office in University of Washington Kenya to facilitate the contracts and the Grant management.
- Keeping clear records for all the financial transactions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration/ Management or Related Field.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge in Financial systems (CPA or Related Field).
- Experience with Project administration and Management.
- Knowledge in dealing with Budgets and Human Resource.
- 2 to 3 years work Experience in related field.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and accomplish administrative tasks.
- Strong organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a collaborative team.
- Attention to detail and good work ethic.
- Respectful, punctual, hardworking, and conscientious.
- Responsive to communication with supervisors and team members.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send their CV, Academic certificates and a cover letter detailing why they are the best candidates for the positions, expected salary and include daytime telephone contacts and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 15thSeptember 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.