University of Washington Kenya Adverts
Objective of this Position: To conduct information technology, data management, and data reporting activities using the REDCap application to support an observational cohort study of mothers and infants in Nairobi, Kenya.
Work schedule: Full time (40 hours per week), Monday through Friday.
Location: Position will be based at the study office in Nairobi, Kenya, with visits to the clinic (Mathare North Health Centre) and laboratory as needed.
Contract Duration: One year with opportunity for extension.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assist Seattle-based data team with database development and testing of data collection forms.
- Maintain study data collection devices (tablets), including but not limited to preparing applications for use in data collection, monitoring security and access restrictions, and coordinating repair or replacement of devices as needed.
- Instruct clinical staff and home visit teams in use of data collection devices and applications and respond to any questions or concerns regarding the electronic database and/or devices.
- Assist team with any issues related to the electronic database or devices, including but not limited to resolving Internet connectivity issues, ensuring the application uses the most up-to-date data collection forms, and updating device software or applications as needed.
- Ensure research staff send data to the study database server as specified in the study’s standard operating procedures.
- Obtain and/or manage research data obtained from external sources, such as HIV viral load registers or laboratories not affiliated with the research study.
- Prepare weekly data reports for data quality and outcomes monitoring; send reports and communicate findings to study leadership team.
- Respond to questions and concerns from the study leadership team regarding data quality and data security.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Health Information Systems, or related field.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or Health Information Systems Added Advantage.
- Experience in computer programming and/or health information systems desired.
- Experience working with maternal and child health data.
- Have a certificate of human subjects training and good clinical practice.
- Good knowledge of quantitative and qualitative health data
- At least 2 years of experience in data management on a research study.
- Experience with developing and implementing data management systems and protocols at RMNCH departments
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, coordinate, and accomplish both data management and research tasks.
- Strong analytic, written, organizational, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a collaborative team
- Experience with smart phone or tablet technology for data collection, such as with REDCap or Open Data Kit applications.
- Attention to detail and good work ethic.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Respectful, punctual, hardworking, and conscientious.
- Responsive to communication with both local and international team members.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send their CV, Academic certificates and a cover letter detailing why they are the best candidates for the positions, expected salary and include daytime telephone contacts and email address to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 15th September 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.