Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Product Manager
Position Reporting to: Chief Commercial Officer
Job Purpose / Summary: To develop, launch and manage broadband services (Internet connectivity) to meet or exceed targets as per the business case. Analyze market and competitive insight as a basis for the positioning and design of a highly competitive product portfolio.
- Responsible for liaising with Marketing on a suitable marketing strategy and promotional campaigns. Obtain feedback from relevant sources on these campaigns to measure their success
- Develop and implement a pricing strategy for products and services.
- To monitor product performance in terms of uptake usage and customer satisfaction and make changes as necessary.
- To oversee the complete product lifecycle, from developing and implementing the product to after sales customer care.
- Deliver and manage service launches internally describing the sales expectations, internal/client benefits, competitor landscape, operational support/implementation and future developments. Provide ongoing product maintenance support to the team
- Define the Wi-Fi strategy that will reach mass market
- Lead the development, approval, training, and communication of new products/product changes and their associated customer, operational, system, & process impacts to the various internal organizations.
- Develop & conduct specialized training on new products launched and raise awareness & application of relevant subject matter.
- Monitor internal processes for efficiency and validity pre & post product launch/changes.
- Provide support for other departmental projects as needed.
- Participate in opportunities to develop both personally and professionally.
- To meet/exceed and maintain service levels as assigned by management.
- To meet/exceed expected reliability standards.
- Manage in-life product performance: sales, margin, and churn, conducting extensive numerical analysis using company data.
- Identify and present innovative and creative product solutions
- Project management of all product integration/launches/changes throughout implementation.
- Identify the business and operational requirements based upon the business requirements & objectives
- Display a high level of critical thinking in cross-functional process analysis and problem resolution for new and existing products.
- Vendor sourcing, recruitment & negotiation for product related projects.
- Coordinate and build strong working relations with various internal organizations including; IT, Billing, Sales, Marketing, Networks, & Operations
Key Performance Indicators:
- Degree in Business Management or related fields
- Experience with product management of mobile voice
- 5 years hands on experience
- Creative mind and ability to implement ideas to real products
- Strong project planning and execution skills
- Good communicator
- Extroverted in nature
- Has capability to translate plans into actions
- Capable of developing and leading team who may be geographically dispersed
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their application including a detailed CV and day time telephone contact to email@example.com on or before 24th August 2018.
The subject line Product Manager.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.