Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Revenue Assurance Assistant
Employment Status: Permanent
Position Reporting to: Head of Revenue Assurance
Job Purpose / Summary: The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of revenue assurance including reporting, advanced data analysis, leakage management, leakage prevention and business process change.
They will monitor financial and operational metrics, work with other departments to implement best practices and define error resolution processes. This role requires a unique blend of business and technical skills to effectively drive the required activities.
- Manage the process of performing revenue trends and data mining from Billing and NMS to detect abnormal activity and possible revenue loss.
- Continuously ensure that published packages/tariffs are indeed implemented packages in the billing system.
- Monitor bill payment/collection and fraud if any by multiple checks and balances in the system.
- Participate in Revenue Assurance tests by executing test cases in Billing systems and other provisioning systems such as power key, Back & verimatrix.
- Manage the process of Subscriber profiling, NPD and churn management.
- Review completeness and accuracy of information in the billing systems and ERP.
- Provide management with information on cause and effect on changes in revenue trends.
- Provide monthly revenue Assurance reports with details of the each revenue streams and factors that affected the stream in the month.
- Participate in automation of all required business processes and revenue assurance models by IT
- Constantly implement and improve controls and checks in areas of RA
- Perform regular reconciliation and (gap) analysis of revenue streams.
- Investigate, understand and document issues root causes and Propose/suggest solutions to avoid occurrence of issues
- Relevant Finance / Accounting degree / CPA (K) / ACCA from a reputable institution
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role,2yrs of which must be in revenue assurance or billing
- Strong IT skills is a must.
- Direct experience in a revenue assurance or billing operations role in telecom is required
- Experience in data analysis, data reconciliation and data presentation were required
- Good Knowledge of general accounting principle and practices
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Highly motivated individual, creative, with proven ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner & to perform functions with accuracy.
- Attention to Detail: Ability to focus on the lowest level of detail and assess the impact at the macro level
- Resilient and have the ability to represent and maintain a principled position in a sensitive situation
- Ability to work under tight timelines and deliver accurate results
- Uphold 100 % accuracy, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Conceptual thinker, ability to wade through data and arrive at conclusions
- Good organizational skills, proactive and self-drive for results
- Strong technical/operational skills
- Strong analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their application including a detailed CV and day time telephone contact to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th August 2018.
The subject line Revenue Assurance Assistant.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.