Job Vacancy: Yard and Maintenance Officer – Engineering
Our client is a Marine and Offshore Engineering Company involved in ship repair, machining and steel fabrication services.
They seek to hire a competent and organized candidate who will be responsible for the orderly and neat arrangement of vessels, materials and landscape whilst overseeing all aspects of the Yard grounds and maintenance.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure the Grounds & Compounds are maintained and presented to best standards
- Ensure the safety of heavy material plates at the yard area
- To be responsible for the cleanliness and neat presentation of company yard, machine and vehicle parking areas, maintenance area, accommodation and scrap yard.
- Ensure the metal scrapyard is well maintained
- Ensure proper separation of scrap material and re- usable material
- Ensure Yard landscaping
- Control the storage of material in the yard
- Maintain proper grounds and ensure neatness, smart and impressive appearance
- Oversee all aspects of the Yard maintenance
- Responsible and accountable for the orderly and neat arrangement of vessels, materials and landscape of the Yard
- Performance of the Yard Personnel for safety and quality.
- Optimal use of resources, including labour and materials
Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma/ Certifications in Design/Architecture/ Landscaping or related fields of study.
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of relevant landscaping and park servicing and maintenance
- Knowledge of garden, landscape and compound management
- Quality awareness and trustworthy.
- Team work – mobilizing and strengthening junior employees and gardeners.
- Decision making from objective analysis to implementation.
- Understanding of Aesthetics and neat presentation
- Leadership – lead by example but also show direction.
- Disciplined in work approach with representative behavior.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Yard and Maintenance Officer – Engineering) to Jobs@corporatestaffing.co.ke before Monday 13th August 2018
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate Staffing Services
Mayfair Suites, 4th floor, Westlands