The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an institution of Aga Khan Health Services, Kenya which is an Agency of Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of an integrated health system that includes Hospitals and outreach health centers across East Africa.
AKHS is one of the most comprehensive private not-for-profit health care systems in the developing world.
The Hospital wishes to recruit an ideal candidate for the following position:
Reporting to the Head of Professional Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for strategic and general operations of the Pharmacy Department including managing the human capital, inventory management and effective medication risk management.
- Formulate departmental goals and objectives in collaboration with the HOD to direct departmental activities and meet hospital’s strategic plan
- Lead the team in quality improvement initiatives to ensure delivery of safe and quality patient care
- Safe medication management and use to ensure compliance with international quality standards
- Ensure revenue generation through provision of efficient pharmaceutical services and cost containment activities
- Proper inventory management to minimize expiries and variances
- Facilitate staff training and development programmes in relation to the department strategic needs, lead in performance management initiatives, staff recruitment and onboarding
- Prepare annual capital operational and staffing budgets in collaboration with HOD to meet departmental goals
- In liaison with MMD, ensure procurement of all pharmaceuticals are of right quality, are cost-effective and in conformance with the laws of the country
Required qualifications, attributes and experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Pharmacy
- Registered with Pharmaceutical Society of Kenya and be licensed by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Kenya
- Six years of experience, three of which must have been in a supervisory capacity in a busy hospital pharmacy
- Strong interpersonal and strategic leadership skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of a Hospital Management Information System
- Good understanding of pharmacy and related healthcare industry, legislation, regulation and challenges
Candidates are invited to upload a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line
Deadline of submitting application is on 18th September, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an equal opportunity Employer”