We are a company in Agribusiness and seeking to recruit a Driver whose primary responsibility is to help meet the transportation needs of the company by delivering and picking up farm produce, staff, clients and/or documents in a timely, safe and courteous manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive assigned company vehicle for produce delivery, official travel and business, or as instructed by company
- Maintain high standard of service to both internal and external guests/clients.
- Strictly observing the road and traffic laws and regulations of the NTSA and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the Law.
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
- Ensure assigned company vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times
- Ensure assigned company vehicle is kept secure at all times
- Ensure assigned company vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc.
- Ensure assigned company vehicle repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturers specifications
- Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, prepare assigned company vehicle spare parts inventory
- Prepare and submit assigned company vehicle monitoring report, including records of assigned company vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month
- Assist the Admin to ensure assigned company vehicle insurance and registration is updated according to schedule
- Participate in external workshops, working groups, training and other meetings relevant to Company’s safe driving standards.
Qualification and Experience
- Valid Driving license class BCE. Holder of a Rider’s license will be an advantage.
- At least 3 years driving, experience with trucks is highly recommended
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to handle challenges and be proactive.
- Be honest, respectful and trustworthy.
If you meet the above requirements kindly share your CV and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th September 2018