African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC)
Job Re-Advertisement: Program Administrative Assistant
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy-relevant research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa. Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action to improve the lives of all Africans.
The Center seeks to recruit a Program Administrative Assistant to support some of its research units.
- Manage the Unit Leader’s office and respond to queries in his/her absence;
- Schedule appointments for the Unit Leader and other members of the team as necessary;
- Manage meetings of the Unit, including preparing documentation and taking minutes as necessary;
- Identify action points during meetings and follow up with the concerned parties to ensure accomplishment;
- Maintain an effective record and filing system for contracts, project activities, correspondences, and documents for quick and easy reference;
- Provide support in preparation and formatting of reports;
- Assist in proposal development process taking responsibility for administrative sections of proposals developed and ensuring all application requirements are met;
- Assist in contract preparations;
- Manage conference and workshop logistics by preparing draft budgets, making travel and hotel bookings, sending invitations, preparing workshop materials and arranging for per diems and other reimbursements;
- Maintain grant reporting requirements and schedules in the Project Management System (PMS) and follow-up on project reports to ensure submission by due dates; and
- Help in monitoring project implementation including review of burn rates on the online management accounting system.
- Diploma in Business Administration or related field;
- At least 3 years of relevant post-qualification experience in a busy office environment, preferably in an INGO, research organization or large research program;
- Good planning, financial and organizational skills;
- Good computer skills;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment will be an added advantage.
- Detail oriented, discreet, tactful, courteous;
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, juggle tasks, meet deadlines; and
- Initiative and innovation in assessing situations, troubleshooting, conflict resolution, and team building.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal http://hrs.aphrc.org.
Applications will be considered until October 10, 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center
P.O. Box 10787 – 00100 GPO, Nairobi
For more information about APHRC visit www.aphrc.org
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children