Position: Assistant Accountant – Credit Control
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Head of Finance and the Director, the job holder will be responsible for co-ordinating the debts of existing creditors and doing closer follow ups for timely payment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Send statements to customers when the debts are due for collection.
- Ensure timely and effective collection of all debts.
- Follow up with insurance companies to ensure payments are made as promised.
- Assist in retrieving customer’s invoices upon request.
- Prepare Aging Reports on daily/weekly basis as required.
- Processing and generating reminder letters and monthly statements.
- Prepare Demand letter for debts collection to insurance companies that are past credit period.
- Debtors account reconciliation.
- Investigating and resolving queries relating to non-payment of invoices.
- Working to strict monthly and annual collections targets.
- Bachelors degree in commerce or any business related course.
- CPA- K finalist.
- At least Two (2) years of experience in debt collection.
- Previous experience in automotive or insurance industry will be an added advantage.
- Results driven with accuracy and attention detail.
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity.
- Strong communication skills in all disciplines including written, oral, and email.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a cover letter to email@example.com before COB on Friday, 14th September 2018 indicating their current and expected salary.
Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.