Parker Randall Eastern Africa is a member firm of Parker Randall International.
We offer professional services in Audit, Tax and Advisory across Africa. The firm is committed to deliver quality services through highly integrated global methodologies and adherence to professional standards.
The Eastern Africa Practice has its regional office in Nairobi, Kenya.
We seek to recruit for the position of Associate Manager – Assurance.
- Provide management over a portfolio of clients and deliver high quality audit and assurance service, including preparing and reviewing audit plans and work.
- Examine financial and accounting records, other documents, and tangible items such as plant and equipment or watching certain processes or procedures being performed.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements.
- Identify risks and manage them.
- Test organization’s internal controls.
- Make judgments on significant estimates or assumptions that management made when they prepared a financial report.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate the ability to build networks of contacts and to identify opportunities for cross selling Firm services to clients by focusing on client service skills and building strong relationships with clients.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship and demonstrate effective communication with client personnel at appropriate levels.
- Ensure coaching, training and mentoring junior staff, competency development and market eminence activities.
- Proposal development and conversion into business.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Finance;
- Must be an ACCA Finalist or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K)
- At least 5 years experience in an audit role, two of which must be at a senior level
- Good understanding and application of IFRSs and ISAs
- Experience in preparation of consolidated FSs
Skills and Competencies:
- Team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Strong business awareness and good analytical skills;
- Excellent understanding of International Standards on Auditing;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Ability to make key decisions and solve problems;
- Results oriented, meet deadlines on assignments and juggle multiple demands;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Integrity within a professional environment.
Send your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th September 2018.