Bible Translation & Literacy (E.A)
Opportunity to Serve
BTL is a Christian faith-based organisation, involved in Language Development, Bible Translation, Literacy and Community Development among small language groups in Kenya.
We are seeking a highly motivated born again Christian of good standing, to fill the position below.
The candidates must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, strong analytical skills, and must be proactive and able to work under minimum supervision.
Ogiek Bible Translator
The Translator shall be responsible for translating Scriptures in the Ogiek Language in a natural, clear, and accurate manner.
He/she shall work closely with the Translation Specialists, the Local Church, Local Community and other relevant Stakeholders.
- A First Degree in Social sciences, Theology or Biblical Studies is preferred or a diploma in the same fields with work experience.
- Minimum C plain in KCSE
- Introductory Course to Translation Principles (ICTP) certificate will be an added advantage
- Valid license and ability to ride a motor cycle will be an added advantage
- Excellent speaker of Ogiek language
- Good Computer Skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- A team player who is honest and of high integrity and respect within the community
Applications with a detailed CV, copies of certificates, and three referees (Professional, Social and Church), Office and mobile telephone contacts for both applicant and referees be emailed (preferred) or sent to the address below by Friday 15th September 2018
Human Resource Manager
Bible Translation And Literacy,
P.O Box 44456 – 00100
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted