Flexibility A Must
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The key purpose of this project is to assist disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
About the Research Project: CAP YEI, with the support of GIZ ‘Youmatch’ and MasterCard Foundation conducted a research project during the period of July 2017- March 2018 whose objective was to test the potential for integrating a proven (CAP YEI) life skills curriculum in the public TVET system in Kenya. The research was concluded successfully and proved that the CAP YEI life skills curriculum had a positive impact on the TVET trainees.
Now, CAP YEI with the support from MasterCard Foundation has initiated another research project that aims to determine which life skills are valuable to employers and what level of importance life skills is to them.
Research assistant Job Position
CAP YEI is therefore looking for qualified research assistants with experience in conducting research; specifically data collection and data entry to assist the Principal Investigators and Research Assistants Coordinator. The position is short term and the research assistant will be required to work for a period of one (1) month with facilitated travel throughout the country.
The research assistant under the direct supervision of the study coordinator and overall supervision by the principal investigators will collect and do data entry.
- Attend the full study training to understand the purpose and intent of the study, as well as be involved in planning for implementation.
- With help from the coordinator and investigator, select the study participants according to the research protocol.
- Attend interviews with respondents of the study
- Collect and electronically compile data collected
- Respond to questions or address feedback from the research team and/ or data analysis team as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Experience in collecting data and electronically entering data into a spreadsheet
- At least a Diploma in social Science, statistics or business. A degree is an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills, have a positive attitude and be able to work well in a diverse team
- Possess strong work ethics
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel
- Ability to travel over the duration of the research.
How to Apply
All applications must include the following:
- Cover letter clearly stating the dates one is available
- Current CV with names and telephone numbers of three referees
Applications must be sent by email to: email@example.com with the email subject Research Assistant Job Application by 14th September 2018
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note: CAPYEI does not charge any fee at any stage of recruitment.