Country Director, Kenya
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Background: CMMB believes in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than loo years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated and confident children.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB will work at both the community and clinical levels in targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits packages, with opportunities to learn and grow.
CMMB has been working in Kenya for almost 15 years.
Job Overview: As Country Director, Kenya, you will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of the CMMB Kenya country portfolio, which presently covers CMMB’s CHAMPS programs and a variety of HIV/AIDS focused initiatives. You will further have overall responsibility for CMMB’s finances, assets and legal standing in Kenya.
You must be an innovative thinker, ready to empower staff to achieve CMMB corporate strategic goals, and lead change initiatives which ensure that CMMB maximizes its mission and vision.
You will direct the implementation of all aspects of CMMB Kenya’s programs, in partnership with the global staff of CMMB, ensuring the quality and impact of its health program in Kenya. You must be well-versed in office repositioning and able to oversee changes to program operations, finance, and human resources.
You will report to the Senior Vice President, Programs and Volunteers, based in CMMB’s headquarters in New York City, and receive technical and other support from additional US-based staff and teams. As CMMB’s representative in-country.
- You have a master’s degree ¡n Public Health, International Development or similar development-related subject.
- You have at least 8-10 years of work experience out of which at least 5 years in senior management positions, successfully leading large operations involving internal and external representation, donor relations, fundraising, and leadership of high performing teams.
- You have proven track record of working in Kenya, partnering with government agencies, NGOs and civil society organizations.
- You have demonstrated expertise in managing Maternal and Child Health Projects, and health system strengthening projects, WASH/nutrition, and/or HIV/AIDS programs.
- Your program management, implementation, fundraising, monitoring and evaluation skills are strong and put you as respected leader in this area.
- You believe in people and have the demonstrated track record of developing others, building and leading effective teams to deliver mission and program results.
- You have successful track record of managing programs and projects funded by major US Government international development agencies (e.g. USAID and CDC) and other international donors (e.g. European Union, DfID, World Bank, WHO, UNICEF).
- You have strong program development planning, writing and coordination skills and demonstrated experience in writing winning proposals in MCH.
- You have the ability for building and maintaining productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders.
- You are a timely and effective communicator with superior presentation skills and proven skills building
- You must be authorised to work in Kenya
- You are comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
- You believe in CMMB, where we’re going, and what we can do together to achieve Healthier Lives Worldwide
The live CD job posting on CMMB’s website can be found at: https://cmmb.org/careers/
We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.