Our client a Fast Moving Consumer Goods company based in Kenya is looking for a Commercial Manager to join their dedicated team in Nairobi.
The main purpose of the position is to demonstrable ability to grow a profitable business with drive and commercial acumen.
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans.
- Looks for opportunities to grow the business, whether through partnerships or new initiatives, and works to take advantage of those opportunities
- Analyses sales and other reports that give insight into how a company can make adjustments to improve performance.
- High levels of organizational skills and the ability to make decisions fast.
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of managing a team in a fast paced environment.
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring.
- Preparing a marketing strategy which covers key marketing messages and competitor analysis
- Developing and implementing new sales initiatives, strategies and programs that will lead to business development
- Set KPIs for all staff, and appraise them effectively
- Responsible for overall staff motivation
- Generating leads and closing deals with new and existing clients
- Manages daily company operations
Job Skills & Personal Attributes
- Proven record in managing profit targets in a commercially-oriented environment and experience in leading change initiatives.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to develop and execute Sales Operating Plans, and coordination of workflows
- High energy & Creativity;
- Bachelor’s degree preferably augmented with a post-graduate diploma or MBA
- At least 5 years of commercial experience, of which 3 years must be in a senior management role.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title on the subject line on or before September 17th, 2018.