Customer Service Engineer – Food Packaging & Weighing Equipment
Our client is a market leader in weighing equipment technology.
They have also diversified the product range to provide quality control, handling, packaging solutions and more recently machine efficiency monitoring software.
They are seeking a competent and diligent Service Engineer to join their team.
Location: Nairobi with regular travel to (Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda)
Reporting to Regional Sales Manager – East Africa
Salary: 200K – 300K
Key Job Function: Overall responsibility is to service, install, commission and repair of the product range within East Africa, ensuring 100% customer satisfaction while monitoring service performance levels against the regional targets.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provision of on-site customer service across the East African region. From time to time there may be a requirement to also provide support in Europe, Middle East and the rest of Africa.
- Installation, commissioning and validation of new machine installations at Customer sites.
- Fault finding and repair of machines at customer sites
- Working in-line with defined SOPs for installation / commissioning of a machine, service contracts and customer complaints ensuring compliance and adherence to process.
- Training customers (at customer sites and on their equipment) and internal personnel where required.
- Liaison between other departments, for example Engineering, Sales etc. in fault resolution and continuous improvement.
- Timely and full completion of all service visit reports etc.
- Maintenance of demonstration equipment
- Performing customer demonstrations using equipment available in the office
- Installation of equipment at regional exhibitions and taking part in the exhibition by demonstrating equipment and discussing applications with customers
- Customer management, ensure all service tasks are owned and the customer is continually informed about progress
- Support the regional sales manager when required by undertaking sales visits throughout the region.
- Installation and commissioning of production lines
- Customer management, ensure tasks are owned and customer is always informed
- Ensure that all jobs are seen through to a finish while maintaining a high level of communication with customers
- Ensure work is completed efficiently
- Ensure work is completed within set timeframe and that On Time Commissioning is achieved
- Monitor overrun on projects
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering or related field of study
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in technical field service role, this could be from an in-house maintenance function
- Willingness to work a reasonable amount of overtime including weekends to meet the business needs.
- Excellent administration ability and forward planning. IT literate with critical thinking and analytical knowledge.
- Able to work independently (although an extended regional team will be available for consultation the Service Engineer will have sole initial responsibility for service within the region)
- Availability at all times during contracted hours.
- Willingness to travel frequently
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Customer Service Engineer) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 26th September 2018
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.