Danish Refuge Council is seeking qualified Kenyan candidate to fill in the following vacant position:
Deputy Regional Safety Coordinator
Background: DRC has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a human rights framework, the DRC East Africa and Great Lakes regional operation focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrants in Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Uganda, Tanzania, Congo and South Sudan.
The EAY Regional office also supports non-operational initiatives, focusing on mixed migration issues, civil society engagement, and advocacy and policy initiatives related to displacement.
The Deputy Regional Safety Coordinator (DRSC) will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of the DRC safety risk management system (SRMS) throughout the East
Africa & Great Lakes (EAGL) Region.
General Objective: To support the EAGL regional office in ensuring that safety risks are effectively managed through the implementation of DRC’s SRMS.
This will include safety assessments, training, and introducing, improving and maintaining sound safety management structures to address the safety challenges facing DRC
programming in EAGL.
Required Experience and technical competencies:
- Degree in security management, politics, management, or similar.
- Minimum two years spent with a humanitarian/development actor.
- Background in safety and security training.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Stable and robust character with excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to train and convey information to non-safety personnel.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a commitment to humanitarian principles.
- Able to travel across the region at short notice and for extended deployments.
- Fluency in English and Swahili.
- French, Amharic and Somali language abilities are desirable
Qualified Kenyan Candidates are encouraged to access full job description on this link www.drc.dk under vacancies.
Please submit applications online using this link by 30th September, 2018.