One Acre Fund
We are an international non-profit that works in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi and Zambia. In these countries, our 5,000+ strong staff serves over 500,000 smallholder farmers and enables them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
Data and Reporting Coordinator II
Job Location: Kakamega
Reports To: Client Data Management Manager
Organization Description: Most of the world’s poor are farmers, representing the largest and most uniform group of poor people in the world.
One Acre Fund is a growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre Fund invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income.
We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, farm inputs and solar lights, and market access. Our program is proven impactful-every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure 50-100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve over 600,000 farm families with more than 6,000 full-time field staff. Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from The MasterCard Foundation and Gates Foundation.
Job Description: The Client Data Management (CDM) team in Business operations is a critical and centralized department that supports all of the field farmer facing operations. CDM is responsible for the accurate and up to date storage of all client information in the database (Roster). CDM ensures that necessary client, group, and site level information is consistently shared with Field operations to support field activities.
The CDM Data and Reporting Coordinator will be expected to manipulate and analyze data using appropriate tools and techniques, prepare weekly repayment reports, use data dashboards, graphs and visualization for data presentation.
The candidate will work on disseminating data requests analysis to different departments within OAF. The data and reporting Coordinator will be required to initiate and maintain data process automation, by taking advantage of soft skill like proficiency in R and excellent excel skill.
Primary Duties of the CDM Data and Reporting Coordinator (70%)
- Handle satisfactorily all assigned client data analysis requests from different stakeholders within and outside of Business Operations
- Prepare weekly Country level Prepayment and Repayment Status Reports for field staff and Field Operations
- Coordinate with CE, Orders & distribution and Field Operations to ensure timely calculation of farmer and staff level incentives calculation for the following categories:
- Super farmers’ incentive
- Group formation incentive
- Group leader incentive for meeting set group repayment targets
- Early finishers and finishers incentive
- Write a prepayment non-qualifiers drops R script, execute and track the drops
- Write a ban R script with consideration to exemptions and execute group bans and tracking
- Unban all previous season banned clients and share list with field
- Generate client and staff invoices, these should be inclusive of VAT charges
- Generate account numbers for all new clients enrolled and share the list with CE for SMS’ing and create group level account numbers for disbursement to group leaders
- Write a R script for generating the list of clients who have exceeded their credit limits and share the lists with field
- Run the Kenya-Product Adoption Rate analysis using R in the following times in the season:
- At enrolment
- After prepayment qualifiers drops
- After Input delivery drops
- Update the Kenya Credit Insurance Report on a monthly basis
- Generate the list of clients eligible for crop failure compensation on request basis
Other Activities (30%)
- Any other duties as assigned by the Client Data Management Manager
- Support in Zendesk case resolution during peak times (Zendesk flex #2)
We are seeking for an exceptional candidate with a background in either of the following fields: Mathematics, Business Information systems, computer science, Statistics or Programming.
The candidate should be passionate about sustainable agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Please apply if you fit this criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or any other relevant field from a recognized University (please include grades and test scores on your resume)
- Relevant work experience. Examples include: demanding professional work experience in business, bank or NGO, or a successful entrepreneurial experience
- Proven ability to set and meet targets on the job
- Strong analytical and numerical skills: able to work with large amounts of data to find conclusions
- Strong oral and written communication skills: able to present findings or translate the data into an understandable document
- Excellent Excel skills, Technical and computer software skills like Google analysis, R or Python will be an added advantage
- Have a capacity to develop and document procedures and workflows
- Demonstrates high quality work with a strong attention to detail
- A critical thinker: able to look at previous seasons number and trends and give projections
- Proactive Problem solver
- Integrity and a Positive Attitude
- Willing to Commit to living in Western Kenya for a long term position
- Fluent in English
- Passionate about Serving smallholder farmers
Career Growth and Development: One Acre Fund invests in building its staff in skills and leadership. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and regular career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
Benefits: Mutual Health Insurance, staff loans, small airtime and transportation allowances.
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Data and Reporting Coordinator II and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 20th September, 2018.
To apply, please CLICK HERE.
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to upload your CV.
You must be 18 years or older to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.