Our client is an IT solutions provider with operations in East Africa.
They seek to hire smart and experienced person into the role of Database Administrator.
Job Purpose: To maintain all company databases and Systems to ensure optimum performance by identifying user needs and to support the development of formulated business continuity plan.
- Ensure regular backups are undertaken and regular testing of critical system software, application software, data files and documentation to ensure reliability. In addition ensure that the disaster recovery site is managed and tested regularly and license compliance is adhered to.
- Monitor and manage databases. Fine tuning and indexing where applicable.
- Maintain the performance of all databases by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases and patches; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware requirements.
- Sustaining database security and integrity of data.
- Creating query definitions that allow data to be extracted.
- Provide monthly database reports.
- Propose specifications and flowcharts for new database installation, recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements and also maintain updated database documentation
- Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Install revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques and coordinating installation requirements.
- Prepare users by conducting training; providing information and resolving problems.
- Support database functions by designing and coding utilities.
- Maintain the company website ensuring it is updated with relevant features and information.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Meet financial requirements by submitting information for ICT budgets and expenses.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or relevant field.
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience in database management.
- Qualifications in SQL, MYSQL, Java and Web designing.
- Qualifications in Active Directory 2012, Exchange 2013 and Server 2012.
- Solid understanding of ERP and Databases.
- Solid understanding of Servers and Networks.
- Understanding of Website Development and updates.
- Good knowledge in business intelligence and data analysis.
- Conceptual, analytical and creative skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dynamic and abreast of technological developments.
If you possess the right qualifications, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us not later than 30th September 2018.
Clearly quote the job title “DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR” on the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.