Lead Software Developer at E-Commerce Platform
We are Avechi are a startup ecommerce platform, looking for a lead developer who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and implementing new ecommerce applications, and managing existing web/ecommerce platforms.
The developer provides technical guidance and feedback to management related to the design, development, and testing to ensure business requirements are met.
Most important, you must have a startup mentality thus be willing to persevere, take ownership and to build things from scratch
- Designs, codes, tests, and debugs programs, ensuring business requirements are met and documentation is created and maintained.
- Acts as liaison between IT functional unit and cross-functional project teams, a project team member.
- Follows, and ensures adherence to, the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) for consistent development and deployment practices.
- Provides oversight and technical guidance regarding the design and programming work performed by the team of developers.
- Manage the developer team consisting of assistant developers and interns
- Provides day-to-day feedback, work direction and feedback to the management
- Acts as a technical and business systems subject matter expert for the developers and business stakeholders/representatives.
- Ensures compliance with development standards.
- Safe-guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
- Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed code for maintainability, sustainability and reusability.
- Provide technical support for business systems in response to outages or escalation requests.
- Creates and maintains build processes to ensure successful installation of archives/executable in production systems.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent related experience.
- IT function specialty certification(s)
- 4-6 years in software development developing and designing applications in various architectures.
- Strong experience in PHP
- Demonstrated functional requirements development and working directly with stakeholders.
- Designing architectures to meet requirements utilizing technologies across application tiers
- Solid understanding of OOP
- Knowledge and demonstrated usage of design patterns
- Working knowledge of development tools, PHP Storm, SourceTree, GIT, MySQL Workbench
- Demonstrated professional development experience with Web Services frameworks and RESTful API standards
- Strong understanding of Linux
- Strong understanding of MySQL and NoSQL
- Excellent grasp of database design and normalization rules
- Direct experience working in Agile software development methodology
- Good understanding of Web analytics and SEO techniques
- Experience extending or customizing existing products/frameworks such as WordPress, Magento
- Strong debugging skills with the ability to reach out and work with internal and external stakeholders to solve complex problems
- Problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to work in both an individual and team-based environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change.
- Takes initiative.
Send your application letter and c.v to email@example.com
*Kindly indicate your current and expected salary
Email title: FGH/234: APPLICATION FOR LEAD DEVELOPER AT AVECHI