Business Intelligence Developer
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities.
With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below in IT Department.
Reporting to the Business Intelligence and Analytics Manager, the ideal candidate will be tasked with;
- Designing and architecting BI solution in meeting business users needs.
- Writing relational and multidimensional database queries
- Configuring, deploying and maintaining ETL
- Carrying out BI development activities including repository development, report development and publishing.
- Performing data analysis inline with the analytical capabilities being generated and developed
- Managing and maintaining analytical packaged solutions
- Supporting implemented BI solutions by: monitoring and tuning queries and data loads, addressing user questions concerning data integrity, monitoring performance and communicating functional and technical issues.
- Managing scheduled jobs data processing for ongoing success — troubleshoot and rectify any production related issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Master Data visualization expertise using Microsoft Power BI, Tableu or Oracle OBIEE.
- 4- 7 years of experience in a complex data warehouse environment, hands-on Data warehousing project experience and experience in full life cycle Business Intelligence development, implementation, tuning and support
- Hands on experience in relational and multi-dimensional data modeling, including multiple source systems from databases and flat files, and the use of standard data modeling tools, preferably Oracle Data Warehousing
- Hands on ETL development experience, preferably using ODI
- Oracle SQL Server experience required
- PLSQL scripting experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills to solve and model complex business requirements
- Sound understanding of BI Best Practices/Methodologies, relational structures, dimensional data modeling, structured query language (SQL) skills, data warehouse and reporting techniques
- Ability to collaborate on a team with infrastructure, BI report development and business analyst resources, and clearly communicate solutions to both technical and non-technical team members
- Expertise utilizing Oracle ETL/data integration tools (SQL , ODI , Golden Gate) a must
- Demonstrated SQL skills with extensive experience in developing stored procedures, views, functions, triggers and advanced logical methods.
- Experience with Oracle Data services and Web services a strong plus, data modeling experience a plus Financial sector – Banking /Insurance and Telco knowledge is critical for this role
Key Critical Competencies
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Good organization skills
- Knowledge of Financial sector – Banking /Insurance and Telco knowledge is critical.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please CLICK HERE to submit your application online.
Deadline: 17th September 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.