Our client, a large leading financial institution in Kenya wishes to recruit a highly experienced, competent, motivated and self driven individual with excellent credentials and strategic mind to competitively fill the position below.
Our client is looking to identify an experienced leader who will play a pivotal role in the Institution’s Information Technology function.
S/he is expected to be an exceptional leader with superior knowledge of the financial services sector in Kenya, have a demonstrable level of success and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
This is a great opportunity to make your contribution to the financial services landscape in Kenya.
Director, Information Technology
This position has the overall responsibility for the Information Technology Strategy of the Institution which is delivered through an Information Technology team.
He/She works closely with Heads of business functions and the Executive to define a clear, Information Technology enabled business transformation vision and technology strategic initiatives.
- Develop an Information Technology strategy and align with business leaders requirements: align Information Technology direction and goals with business goals and priorities. Maintains the roadmap and action plans to address the current and future business needs and requirements;
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance for Information Technology Strategy and Governance, Project Execution and Process Management;
- Create a vision, strategies and objectives for Information Technology enabled capabilities that support business objectives for the technology transformation;
- Establish and maintain effective Information Technology governance practices and controls — ensure the Institution’s objectives are achieved; by setting direction through prioritisation and decision making; and monitoring performance and compliance;
- Establish and operate a project portfolio management and budget management process that deploys, tracks, and adjusts program and project resources;
- Participate in top level governance and projects committees;
- Provide Leadership In running the Information Technology function as an effective business support unit: in clarifying and focusing on its vision, strategic objectives, initiatives, and operating processes and delivering an efficient service;
- Lead the development of annual IT budgets and manage them in a cost effective manner;
- Identify, implement and benchmark best practices in Information Technology
Required Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in ICT, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- Master’s Degree In ICT, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field is an added advantage.
- Relevant Information Technology certification; e.g. CISA, CGEIT, CISM, ITSM
- Project Management Certification will be an added advantage
- Demonstrate ability to lead teams and deliver results
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, Including ability to build consensus, alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivIty to diversity
- Enhance governance and risk management capabilities
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and drive change.
- Must possess not less than ten (10) years’ leadership and management experience of a large Information Technology function within a busy organization: five (5 years) of which Must be at a senior management level.
- Should be a member of relevant professional bodies with good standing.
- MUST be compliant with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity
In addition, all successful candidates will be required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions:
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- The Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
If you are the candidate that we are looking for please send your application through email@example.com no later than 21 September, 2018.
We will require your complete professional profile with your current remuneration and contact details therein.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You can view the full job descriptions by clicking on the following link: http://www.resourceassociates.co.ke/vacancies