Our Client, in the Financial Services Sector seeks to recruit a Marketing & Communications Manager who will provide strategic direction to and manage the marketing, communications, content and branding strategy in order to drive awareness of the brand, garner readership of their publications and sell the training courses and research in digital finance.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The ideal candidate should have experience in the development and execution of marketing strategies, particularly in working with social media, managing websites and B2B (business to business) and B2C (business to customer) marketing.
Job Functions: Communications, Marketing
- Developing a strategic marketing plan for the organization (in collaboration with the Senior Manager of Knowledge Management & Marketing)
- Increasing the brand awareness and quality of the organization (in Africa) so that it is associated with high quality, knowledge leadership
- Building on the existing website and social media presence of the organization profile and maximize downloads of its materials and to integrate this more closely with the work of the Knowledge Management & Marketing team to amplify the social media reach of its work
- Developing a rich variety of marketing materials, content and messages to support the above.
- Building on the existing website and social media presence of the organization to raise the its profile and maximize downloads of its materials (in collaboration with the Knowledge Management & Marketing team)
- Marketing the courses through the organization’s social media channels and the Institute’s mailing list to ensure that they are fully subscribed
- Developing and delivering an alumni strategy to engage alumni from its courses
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients – including the development and engagement of an alumni group
- Take initiatives to develop and deepen client relationships
- Represent the organization at conferences etc.
- Actively engage in marketing activities and participate in digital media dialogues (blogs, discussion forums etc.)
- Conduct “Quality of Delivery”/Feedback assessments with team members after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines
- Assist and support development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate
- Share knowledge with staff and create opportunities for mentoring
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills and knowledge which add value to the organization
- Develop, deliver and refine the “Marketing & Communications to Drive Uptake & Usage” training course (in collaboration with the Curriculum Development and Training Manager)
- Execute consulting assignments to clients in the digital finance sector when expertise requires marketing and communications expertise.
- Build rapport with various contact points at the client organization for successful execution of the assignments
- Plan and execute assignments with utmost due diligence
- Review training courses delivered, research papers prepared, curriculum developed for clients in areas of competence
- Develop and manage a global marketing & communications strategy to build brand awareness both for the organization(in collaboration with the Senior Manager Knowledge Management & Marketing) to drive readership of their publications and sales of their training courses and business intelligence/strategic assessments
- Manage a synergistic social media strategy for the organization in Africa with a focus on LinkedIn and Twitter in close collaboration with the Knowledge Management & Marketing team.
- Support the organization teams in the development, and timely delivery of regular, engaging content.
- Develop and manage a content strategy for disseminating its business intelligence reports, blogs, case studies and videos (this will be heavily tied to the social media strategy)
- Manage the organization brand, ensuring brand consistency throughout the training, research and publications
- Bachelors level degree (or higher) in marketing, Communications, Business or a related field
- Relevant professional qualifications in line with areas of specialization
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in designing, developing and managing marketing, communication and branding strategies
- Experience working with PR – writing press releases and garnering media coverage
- Marketing experience in the financial services sector will be definite advantage, especially in digital finance
- Experience managing a content strategy and garnering readership on disseminated materials
- Experience managing a company website, and working with a back-end content management system
- Preferable experience designing and developing marketing collateral such as brochures and reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point
- Extremely sound knowledge of working with LinkedIn and Twitter for B2B or B2C marketing
- Demonstrate a record of building, growing and garnering key relationships and managing a contact database
- Knowledge and skills in using a website content management system
- Knowledge and skills of using Adobe design programmes, especially Illustrator and Photoshop
- Additional working language besides English and Swahili, especially French is an advantage.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Marketing & Communications Manager on the Subject line