Are you experienced in working in operations in austere remote sites or in developing nations?
Familiar with NATO, ICAO, USAF and ISO terminology and hold a National Driving License (ideally with bus/coach)?
Then our client is looking for you!
Our client, seeks to recruit a FLS Passenger Service Operator to be based at Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan.
The FLS Passenger Service Operator, under limited supervision, will be responsible for the welfare and safety of military and civilian passengers arriving and/or departing on aircraft handled by FLS at Kandahar Airfield.
They will work in close liaison with FLS Military Personnel, Commercial Airlines, Air Transport Security (ATSY) and FLS Ramp staff, to ensure that all passenger aircraft are dealt within a safe, professional and expedient manner in line with all extant regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
Reporting to the FLS Passenger Service Supervisor, the Service Operator, will be tasked with the following:
- Control of the Passenger Information Desk;
- Provision of flight scheduling information to passengers;
- Control of the Passenger Check-In Desk;
- Liaison with the FLS Ramp & Cargo section to ensure that passenger baggage is accurately weighed before loading;
- Present Flight Safety Briefings for Departing Passengers;
- Escort passengers to and from aircraft;
- Provide a visual focal point for incoming passengers, assisting where necessary with any onward transport or billeting issues;
- Participating in the briefing of inbound passengers to ensure they are aware of local procedures, policies and regulations;
- Participate fully in all aspects of the management of Health and Safety;
- Be prepared to be involved in baggage build-up and break-down, operation of buses, forklifts, and loaders with required vehicle and equipment certifications/qualifications
- OCN PAX Specialists operating vehicles and equipment on flight line must be capable of holding a KAF airfield driving license and flight line badge;
- Communicate in English with aircrew and passengers;
- Proactively carry out any other associated duties (as allocated by FLS Management) to promote FLS’s daily operations;
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Proven experience of passenger operations within a military or civilian airport;
- The ability to work on own initiative;
- Good interpersonal communications skills;
- Apron/Airside Safety (driving, access, FOD, aircraft safety);
- Able to work in a multi-cultural team;
- Radio transmission experience with airfield agencies;.
- Effective communications via multiple means (cell phones, radios etc.);
- English language skills to a minimum level of 2210 in accordance with STANAG 6001.
Qualified and interested applicants to URGENTLY send their application, detailed CV and supporting documents, indicating current and expected remuneration to email@example.com, explicitly indicating the position in the email subject line.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.