Are you experienced in working in operations in austere remote sites or in developing nations?
Familiar with NATO, ISO terminology?
Hold a current driver’s license (HGV preferred) and familiar with safe working practices eg manual handling, working at height etc?
Then our client is looking for you!
Our client, seeks to recruit a Foreign Object Debris (FOD) Labourer to be based at Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
Reporting to the Roads and Grounds Lead, the FOD Labourer, will be tasked with the following:
- Regular inspection of Airfield Operating Surfaces (Asphalt, concrete, other) to ensure maximum life expectancy;
- Regular inspection and cleaning of FOD Grates;
- Operate airfield vegetation cutting plant to maintain good visibility and minimise FOD;
- Carry our crack repairs using bitumen slurry machine as required;
- Responsible for small concrete works, manual mixing laying and finishing;
- Responsible for AOS surface repairs and minor new works when required;
- Take part in line (and other markers) airfield painting activities;
- Adhere to safety standards during day to day activities and advise the management of any failures or near misses;
- Measuring and setting out;
- Assist other building & Civils sub trades; Carpentry, plumbing etc. as required;
- Be prepared to take part in night time maintenance activities when required;
- Any other duties as directed.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A minimum of 2 years Construction Industry experience;
- Familiar with Airfield operations (preferably Military) in an active theatre;
- Use of radio communications and interaction with airfield authorities;
- A sound knowledge of Airfield safety and associated activities;
- Proven experience of working on runways, taxiways and dispersal areas (Ramps);
- Capable of obtaining all required security clearances;
- Familiar with general Construction techniques;
- Capable of working with limited supervision;
- Capable of working within a team;
- Capable of using hand tools safely;
- English language skills to a minimum level of 2210 in accordance with STANAG 6001.
Qualified and interested applicants to URGENTLY send their application, detailed CV and supporting documents, indicating current and expected remuneration to email@example.com, explicitly indicating the position in the email subject line.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.