Hillcrest International Schools ¡s a leading British Curriculum School located in Nairobi, Kenya, with an established status in the region’s educational sphere. It comprises three schools; Hillcrest Early Years, Hillcrest Preparatory and Hillcrest Secondary.
More information about the school is available on our website at www.hillcrest.ac.ke.
We are seeking to fill the full-time position of Mathematics Teacher at the Secondary School, starting January 2019.
Role Summary: The teacher will deliver the curriculum through the scheduled teaching programme for the requisite subject to IGCSE and A level, assess and record students’ progress, prepare reports, participate in parental consultations, work collaboratively with colleagues with the aim of promoting and securing rapid progress for students throughout the school.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum undergraduate degree and Qualified Teacher status.
- Experience of teaching Mathematics in secondary school including IGCSE and A level for at least 2 cycles and ability to actively promote interest in the subject.
- Deep understanding of the statutory curriculum requirements for the subject and the requirements for assessment including recording and reporting.
- Promote excellence in teaching and learning to ensure all students develop their potential and are equipped for life beyond school.
- Promote the general progress and well-being of individual students and of any class or group of students assigned to her/him.
- Teamwork: the ability to work collaboratively with others
Send an application letter detailing your relevant experience and teaching philosophy together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including names and contacts of three referees to Recruitment@hillcrest.ac.ke by 30 September 2018.
This position offers a competitive remuneration package.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Hillcrest International Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students; Successful candidates will be subjected to thorough screening to ascertain suitability to work with children.