Our Client, in the Hospitality sector seeks to recruit a Senior Accountant.
The job holder will be required to apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information, preparing profit and loss statements, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Functions: Accounting
- Develop annual budgets that reflect the strategic decision made by the CEO
- Periodic cash-flow forecasting; monthly financial reporting to CEO
- All accounting functions and supporting accounts assistants and bookkeepers ensuring skills, discipline and attention to detail is at highest possible levels.
- Bi-annual appraisal of team members
- Support head of operations in procurement management and audit of suppliers, including supplier management in Head of Operations absence.
- Project and programmes budgeting and financial planning with relevant directors and relevant project/ programmes manager.
- Supervision of project/ programme accounting, including internal audits where necessary.
- Periodic financial reporting
- Support grant and proposal writing efforts, with an emphasis on the financial aspects.
- Development of invoicing, payment collection and reimbursement/ disbursement strategy.
- Development, maintenance of financial policies, including training on the enforcement of such policies; development and enforcement of other internal controls.
- Management of audit process for the group, its subsidiaries and holding structures.
- Management of relations with the group’s banks, auditors, company secretary, lawyers, tax and financial consultants.
- Assets management, management of intangible assets, warranties and licensing requirements.
- Development of treasury strategy; management of treasury functions
- Ensuring that the company’s financial and legal conduct meets the minimum requirements, industry benchmarks or higher if specified by the Supervisory Board; including ensuring the past and the present compliance with all the relevant authorities and government institutions.
- Be an active part of the leadership group; including being a spokesperson internally for the values, objectives and plans the group is striving towards.
- Assist in the overall performance monitoring of the group, and proactively contribute to solutions that address performances that could be improved.
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Proven track record and experience from the Hospitality sector
- Experience in all functions of accounting, including preparing for and leading external audits
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to manage a team with limited resources and mentor team members to ensure excellent, stable and disciplined team performance.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to present information clearly and succinctly.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work in high-pressure situations and to meet tight deadlines without losing attention to details and perfection of tasks at hand
- CPA-K Qualification, with an undergraduate degree e.g. B.Com or BBA.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Senior Accountant on the Subject line