Finance Officer – Budget, Regions and Reporting
About our organization: The World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) is a non-profit global research organization that generates science-based knowledge about the diverse and important roles that trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods.
The Centre’s vision is rural transformation in the developing world, as family farmers use tree-based solutions based in agroforestry to improve food security, nutrition, income, soil, human and ecosystem health, and to help them adapt to and mitigate climate change.
With their multidisciplinary research and the knowledge, they generate, ICRAF and its partners advance policies and practices that benefit the poor and the environment.
The Centre’s headquarters are in Nairobi, Kenya, and it conducts research in more than 30 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. ICRAF is a member of the Consortium of 15 independent agricultural research centres of CGIAR.
To learn more, please visit our website: www.worldagroforestry.org
The Position: The Finance Officer Budget, Regions and Corporate Reporting will provide support to Regions, SDs, Global Support Units and Overhead Units based at HQ
Duties and Responsibilities
Internal Control System
- Adhere to internal control systems that will ensure that the centre attains its objectives, produce accurate and reliable data for decision making, ensure compliance to policies and laws of host countries and safeguard the centre assets.
- Evaluate and communicate internal control deficiencies in a timely manner to supervisor.
Financial Planning and Budgeting Monitoring
- Preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual budget vs actual expenditure for review by the project managers
- Assist in the preparation and consolidation of the annual Programme of Work and Budget.
- Monitor budget expenditures for the offices at HQ, the regions and the country offices.
- Preparation of various donor financial reports as per the donor requirements in accordance with the grant agreement.
- Assist in review of Donor Financial Reports from the regional offices ensuring that they have been done as per the donor and ICRAF requirements before presentation for internal ICRAF approval.
- Preparation of Donor invoices for funds request as well as other invoices as might be requested from time to time.
- Assist in the financial management capability assessment of partners.
- Prepare disbursement of funds to partners.
- Review and process partners advance liquidation and updating same in the financial systems.
- Prepare monthly age analysis of all partners balances and follow up on overdue liquidations.
Proposal, donor agreement and sub-agreement
- Part of the team tasked with review of budget proposals and ensuring that it is fully costed while taking into consideration the various ICRAF policies are adhered to.
- Review of donor agreements especially in relation to approved budget, reporting timelines and policies to adhere to.
- Review of sub-agreements to partners ensuring that they adhere to the grant agreement and ICRAF policies.
- Financial management capacity building for programme administrators and support to assigned regional office.
- Support the team during special external audits for all projects in the respective assigned units.
Required Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- First degree in Finance, Commerce, and Accounting, Economics or other business-related disciplines.
- CPA III/ACCA or International equivalent.
- French is an added advantage.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- At least 5 years’ experience in Accounting, Budgeting & Donor Reporting.
- Good understanding of budgeting and financial management procedures.
- Proficiency in database applications and MS office suite.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multicultural team.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Strong self-starter with initiative to identify opportunities and take appropriate action.
Terms of offer: We offer a collegial, diverse and gender-sensitive working environment, and we encourage applications from qualified women. This position is remunerated on Local Terms. The appointment will be for an initial period of three (3) years, subject to a six (6) months’ probation period.
How to Apply:
Go to http://worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf/vacancies, complete the application form and attach your cover letter and CV/Resume (as one document – labelled with your First Name and Last Name).
Applications will be considered until 03rd October 2018.
Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.