I&M Bank, a regional Bank with a fast growing branch network around the country, is seeking to fill in the following position in Credit Department.
Senior Manager – Debt Recovery
Job Summary: The Job holder will be part of the banks senior management team, responsible for reviewing the Bank’s non-performing and distressed assets, and developing appropriate strategies to ensure timely remediation and recovery of amounts due hence minimizing losses to the bank.
The individual will lead a sizeable team, engage with management and Board in delivering key results with minimal supervision.
The Incumbent will report to the General Manager – Credit and will be responsible for:
- Recruiting, developing and guiding Debt Recovery and Remedial unit in reviewing all non-performing facilities and developing appropriate strategies to ensure efficient and cost effective recoveries.
- Recommending and implementing debt restructures/renegotiations where appropriate to return bad debts to performing book.
- Working with Business units and Credit Managers to promptly remediate any weaknesses identified on the portfolio to reduce events of default.
- Providing appropriate inputs to Board and Management Committees to ensure identified gaps in the lending process are addressed.
- Working with legal team to drive appropriate legal recoveries options and ensuring the due procedures are adhered inorder to avoid potential litigation risk or adverse publicity.
- For cases in court, ensuring the relevant evidence in support of the Bank’s case is properly documented and representing the Bank as a witness as and when required.
- Planning and closely coordinating the Debt Recovery process with various stakeholders, including Lawyers, evaluators and auctioneers amongst others.
- Providing periodic reports to Management and Board Committee’s on the Recovery Status of non-performing portfolio, with clear recommendations on the way forward or closure.
- Liaising with the Head of Credit and Finance to ensure provisions held against bad & doubtful debts are adequate and in compliance with the Prudential Guidelines and IFRS9 requirements.
- Providing input in loan product development and portfolio quality through regular feedback on learning points to avoid underwriting bad credits.
- Periodic training of staff on matters relating to non-performing assets.
- Keeping abreast with and proactively acting on market developments that may adversely impact on the banks success to recover loans.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in any business related field.
- Professional qualifications/certifications in CPA/AKIB/Loan Management etc will be an added advantage.
- Masters in a business related field such as Strategic Management, Economics, Finance, and Operations etc.
- At least 4 years’ experience at managerial level, with board reporting responsibilities.
- Thorough understanding and practice of CBK guidelines and IFRS9 requirements.
- Experience in handling complex corporate recovery cases including receiverships, arbitrations and re- negotiations.
- Legal background will be added advantage.
If you believe you meet the above requirements, send your application together with a comprehensive curriculum indicating your qualifications, present position, contact and names of three referees.
Your application should reach the below address on or before 14th September 2018.
Please quote the reference number followed by the position applied for in the application
The General Manager-Human Resources
I&M Bank Limited
I & M Tower, Kenyatta Avenue
P.O Box 30238 – 00100, Nairobi
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.