I&M Bank, a regional Bank with a fast growing branch network around the country, is seeking to fill in the following position in Strategy & Transformation Office.
Manager – Strategy & Transformation
Job Summary: The role holder will be responsible for supporting the Senior Manager – Strategy & Transformation in developing, implementing, monitoring and updating performance management tools in order to track progress of all strategy and transformation initiatives across the Bank.
Key Accountabilities / Functions
The Incumbent will report to the Senior Manager-Strategy & Transformation and will be responsible for the following:
- In liaison with the Line Manager, developing, maintaining, monitoring and updating a tracker showing progress on execution of deliverables in line with the 5-year strategic implementation activities and escalating notable deviations.
- Assisting the Line Manager in translating initiatives, work streams and milestones into project plans which ensures successful project completion.
- In liaison with the Line Manager assisting in setting target metrics / KPIs for work streams and tracking targets set.
- Monitoring and tracking of initiatives, facilitating initiative approvals at various stages, reporting deviations and suggesting remedial actions.
- In liaison with the Line Manager supporting review of Business plans for initiatives prior to senior management sign off.
- Conducting assessment of performance of strategic initiatives to support performance reviews.
- Preparation of periodic reports on progress of transformation for review by the Line Manager.
- Deputizing for the Senior Manager and attending work stream meetings to support initiative owners in transformation.
- Enforcing the weekly cadence and leading change management activities– ensuring pre-TOs, post-TOs and stand-ups meetings are held within work stream and attending to support sponsors where required
- Identifying, analyzing and preparing mitigation tactics for risk (Signaling blocking points and flagging these timely to CTO/TO manager)
- Identifying and managing anticipated resistance including keeping track of any changes
to cadence and correcting if need be to keep discipline
- Management of the Wave solution including administration, Wave training, assisting users with Wave queries and linking with Wave support team.
- Supporting the periodic reviews of the 3 – 5 year strategic plan and continuous reporting of the progress to the various identified governance forums
- Ability to understand and translate strategy into action
- Ability to project and manage complex multifaceted strategic projects
- Advance proficiency and experience in use of excel including modelling
- Knowledge and experience in project management
- Effective communicator & good relationship management skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Good interpretation and decision making ability
- Good people management skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to work independently/self-driven
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other project management applications
- Strong planning, coordination and time management skills
- 7 years overall banking experience 3 of which should have been at managerial level
If you believe you meet the above requirements, send your application together with a comprehensive curriculum indicating your qualifications, present position, contact and names of three referees.
Your application should reach the below address on or before 14th September 2018.
Please quote the reference number followed by the position applied for in the application
The General Manager-Human Resources
I&M Bank Limited
I & M Tower, Kenyatta Avenue
P.O Box 30238 – 00100, Nairobi
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.