Chief Executive Officer
Our client specializes in Equity markets, real estate, money markets, share investments and buying and selling of land for the maximization of member’s contributions and thereby creating wealth for its shareholders.
They are seeking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer who will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of operations.
The ideal candidate will be extremely experienced in conceiving and developing winning revenue generation ideas, vetting business proposals assessing viability of joint ventures for increased investment opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strengthening infrastructure and Operations
- Develop new income streams
- Pursue avenues for revenue generation e.g. source land, housing and new business opportunities; negotiate on behalf of the organization then seek board approval
always Invent and re-engineer the organization’s business processes – Pursue efficiency
- Advise management committee and other committees in formulating, preparing and implementing long-term policies and strategies of the society.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality services while managing for current and future growth
- Support and motivate the organization’s staff
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration and strengthen internal communications with staff throughout the organization; create and promote a positive, multicultural work environment that supports consistency throughout the organization’s strategy, operational methods, and data collection needs
- Manage external vendors and service providers
- Oversee all office and staff operations
Strategic vision and Leadership
- Collaborate with the Board to refine and implement the strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, staff and priorities are aligned with the organization’s core mission.
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to all executives, and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization; establish effective decision-making processes that will enable the organization to achieve its long- and short-term goals and objectives
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board and ensure open communication about the measurement of financial and impact performance against stated milestones and goals
- Proactively provide information, history, continuity, support and guidance to all governance bodies and members, in conjunction with the staff team.
- Oversee relations with the Department of Cooperative Development, and other cooperative organizations
- Maintaining awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards
- In charge of Profitability delivery
- Provide vision and leadership in long-range fiscal planning to ensure the continuity and solvency of the organization.
- Improve the budgeting process on a continual basis through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
- Oversee fundraising efforts as and when necessary
- Audit and assurance
- Internal Control System Management
- Tax Compliance
Human Resource Management
- Effectively manage the human resources of the organization according to authorized staff policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations
- Participate as a member of various internal committees as and when required
- Enforce a culture of professionalism, performance and commitment among staff
- Manage staff hiring, placement, employee reward and disciplinary mechanism
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Business Management or related course
- At least 8 years’ experience in a senior management position in a small or medium sized organization.
- Knowledge of and experience in management and administration
- Experience in integrating and coordinating diverse areas of management.
- Interpersonal/formal communication (oral and written) skills
How to Apply
To apply, CLICK HERE on or before 10th October 2018
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement