Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Field Officers – Data Experiment Kenya Project
Reporting To: Associate Field Manager / Senior Field Officer
Start Date: 15th October 2018
Duration: 2 Months
Deadline to Apply: 23rd September 2018
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only.
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture. We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Project: This study aims to understand the role of the internet on people’s financial and economic lives in particular, how it affects their access to jobs and skills, their access to informal and formal credit, interactions with their social networks and the networks themselves, their political and social attitudes (for example, with respect to gender).
About the Position: The Field Officer, under the supervision of the Associate Field Manager and Senior Field Officer, will be primarily responsible for survey administration as per the set targets. The Field Officers will also be involved in undertaking phone surveys when necessary, as well as will be expected to assist with office tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting phone call surveys to collect data for the Data Experiment Kenya Project
- Diligent completion of checklists and other means of monitoring data
- Data entry tasks as assigned by the Senior Field Officer
- Helping to have materials organized in readiness for data collection
- Ensuring high data quality (low error rates)
- Proper use and maintenance of project equipment
- Prompt arrival at work and completion of scheduled activities each day
- Successfully working in a team and avoiding/minimizing conflicts with the rest of the team members
- Participating in staff trainings and making efforts to improve one’s capacity
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisors
- Positive, hard-work attitude, with the aim of individually and helping the team complete the work
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent oral and written communication in both English and Kiswahili
- Excellent management and organizational skills;
- Should be willing to work under pressure
- Ability to comfortably work in a team
- Experience in data collection through CAI
- Honest, diligent and self-driven individual
- Experience with phone call surveys
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with phone call surveys;
- Experience in data collection and survey administration, preferably using CAI (SurveyCTO)
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer- Data Experiment Kenya Project. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.