KCB Group Limited
Brand Manager, Consumer
Nairobi – Kenya
The Position: Develop and execute strategic marketing and activity plans that drive the business objectives of customer numbers, revenue and product penetration of the Consumer Banking portfolio comprising Personal Banking (Cub account), Mobile Banking, KCB Insurance Agency & KCB Capital.
- Planning – Development and execution of marketing plan for the assigned products and/or business units.
- BU Engagement – Work closely with the unit heads, product development team and sales teams to achieve the business objectives. Participate in projects driven by the respective business units supported.
- Campaigns/Promotions – The key components of this item are:
- Develop briefs for campaigns and promotional projects in line with the business and brand objectives.
- Work with partner agencies and suppliers to ensure timely execution of promotional projects and campaigns with the aim of achieving the business and brand objectives.
- Implement an internal marketing plan
- Regular performance tracking and compilation of a report on each activity which is circulated to the respective stakeholders.
- Close out all campaigns/promotions with a duly signed off report.
- Project management – Coordinate partner agencies and suppliers to execute product activations for the products effectively within set timelines.
- Budget management – Monitor assigned Account Number 771122and reconcile the same on a monthly basis with Finance. Track all Local Purchase Orders (LPO’s) and payments to ensure timely supplier payment and spend within plan.
- Market Intelligence – The key components of this item are:
- Utilize research reports such as Brand Tracker, Usage and Attitude surveys and product specific surveys to inform and develop marketing plans.
- Track and analyze assigned product performance through sales numbers and value, monthly Share of Voice (SOV) and monthly competitor advertising and industry trends, and utilize to prepare monthly reports with recommendations to the line manager.
- Coach and motivate the team – Ensure they are set up with all the necessary tools and have adequate knowledge to drive and deliver on business objectives
- Sales team linkage – Work closely with regional sales teams and branches to ensure sales support at marketing activations and events as well as provide sales teams with any required support during sales driven activities.
- Procurement and Merchandise Management – Liaise with Procurement to ensure merchandise ordered is as per correct specification and meets brand guidelines.
- Liaise with Procurement to ensure supplier sourcing is done in accordance to budget and business needs while maximizing savings through effective negotiations with service providers.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- A Bachelor of Commerce degree, with specialization in Marketing or any other related field is required
- Professional qualifications in CIM will be an added advantage
- A Master’s degree in Marketing will be an added advantage
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a relevant marketing role
- At least three (3) years’ experience in brand management
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- Team player with demonstrated work ethics; consistently demonstrates a high level of professionalism.
- Effective prioritization skills to meet a complex set of business demands and demonstrate delivery against multiple objectives.
- Assertive, self-motivated with desire to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidates.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday 14th September, 2018.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable