Kenya Medical Research Institute
A KEMRI – CCR Clinical Trials Research Project is currently conducting clinical trials and is looking for motivated individuals to fill in the following positions:
Location: Nairobi (1 position) and Thika (4 positions)
Reports to: Study Coordinator.
Job Purpose: To deliver quality nursing and counseling services to patients and research study participants involved in a Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine clinical trial.
- Obtains consent from participants for various studies
- Obtains medical history and performs pelvic examination
- Offers individual, group and family counseling to participants and patients
- Completes interviewer administered questionnaires
- Phlebotomy, specimen processing
- Does HIV counseling, testing and lab results interpretation
- Responds to participant’s calls.
- Community sensitization in order for recruitment purposes of study participants
- Performs other duties assigned by supervisor
- Retention activities-follow up of participants in need of close monitoring and review together with visit reminders via phone calls
Education and Professional Training
- Diploma in Nursing or related field
- Experience in female reproductive health service delivery particularly cervical cancer screening is an added advantage
- Registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Team player
- Excellent Communication and people skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to work without supervision
- Two (2) years’ experience working in a comprehensive Care Centre or an equivalent HIV care setting
- Prior GCP and Human subjects training is desirable
- Experience working in clinical research setting is an added advantage
Terms of Employment: Employment is a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
How to Apply
a) All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements.
b) Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
c) Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 19th October, 2018.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.