Kenya Medical Research Institute
A KEMRI – CCR Clinical Trials Research Project is currently conducting clinical trials and is looking for motivated individuals to fill in the following positions:
Study Clinician / Clinical Officers
Location: Nairobi (1 position) and Thika (1 position)
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Job Purpose: Provide clinical support to a research clinic team involved in providing a vaccine against Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) and other reproductive health services to adolescent girls and young women.
- Participate in the setup and implementation of clinical studies in line with study protocols and other guidance documents.
- Track and maintain relevant clinical systems to ensure fidelity to project timelines and other compliance requirements.
- Collect and review data as guided by good clinical and data practices.
- Participate in general research and study specific seminars, awareness drives and educational activities.
- Liaise with the study physician and other staff as necessary to ensure appropriate patient and participant management
- Participate in and conduct training in research study protocols, best practices, data collection and management etc.
- Generate and draft clinical/ study reports as may be required
- Lead trial working group meetings as required.
- Participate in resolving monitoring findings and queries.
- And any other duties as assigned.
Education and Professional Training
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine, preferably in reproductive health.
- Those with demonstrated training and competence in female reproductive health service delivery will have added advantage.
- Be registered by the Clinical officers Council
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with direct involvement in patient care especially in reproductive service delivery
- Experience working with adolescents and young people- particularly with young women in reproductive health delivery an added advantage
- HIV Counseling and Testing skills an added advantage
Terms of Employment: Employment is a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
How to Apply
a) All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements.
b) Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
c) Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 19th October, 2018.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.