Kimisitu Sacco Society Limited is a national Savings & Credit Society with an asset base of Kshs 5.1 billion and a membership of over 7,200 drawing its members from Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Embassies, Missions, International Organizations and other Reputable Organizations in Kenya.
Our mission is to empower members economically by providing quality financial services through prudent mobilization of resources and excellent customer care.
We are looking for a dynamic and results oriented Finance Professional to fill the position of Finance Manager.
Terms: 3 year Renewable contract
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Summary of Position Purpose: The purpose of the position is to provide end to end support on decisions and financial expertise to drive achievement of long-term competitive costs, quality and service levels.
The position is responsible for leading, controlling, forecasting, the society’s investments, savings, reporting and cost management activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that Management reports including the trial balance, income and expenditure statement, balance sheet are accurately prepared every month.
- To be responsible to the CEO for the smooth running of the SACCO in the Finance Department
- Designing and implementing finance strategies and polices of finance function
- To manage the finances of the Society in a prudent manner
- A good team player and provide team leadership within the department through professional staff performance management
- To ensure society’s assets and liabilities are safeguarded
- Proper accounting of all Society assets and liabilities
- To administer staff payments and payroll in liaison with human resources department
- To manage all aspects of the finance operations within the department
- To administer and review the Society’s Accounting Norms and Procedures
- Ensure compliance with the relevant statutory, legal, social and regulatory requirements in execution of Society business.
- Benchmarking on market trends in the finance sector and giving weekly reports
- Ensure timely and up to date reconciliations
- Liaise with the relevant departments to ensure proper financial reports are done.
- Oversee and advise on prudent financial management and investment undertaking by adopting sound financial policies for optimum utilization and returns.
- Prepare and implement finance department annual work plan.
- Ensure relevant and prompt preparation report and submission to the CEO.
- University Degree in accounting or Finance, or in Business Administration (Accounting or Finance)
- Must be a CPA (K)
- Must be registered with ICPAK
Skills and Desired Qualities:
- A person of integrity with excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Leadership, Strong interpersonal skills with effective communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively on strict deadlines and in a multicultural setting.
- Sound ICT skills (ERP Systems).
- Conversant with SACCO Act, Co-operative SASRA requirements and IFRS.
Experience: Five years’ relevant experience
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should CLICK HERE to apply online by filling in the recruitment data form.
The data form must be filled in full. Incomplete forms will be disqualified.
In addition, the applicants must send Application letter with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th September 2018.
Clearly state the subject of the email as Finance Manager.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kimisitu Sacco is an equal opportunity employer.