Kenyatta National Hospital
The Hospital Management invites applications from qualified candidates for the following position:
Medical Physicist III
Job Group K8
Job Purpose: The Medical Physicist III will be reporting to the Senior Medical Physicist and will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of Medical Physics services in the Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing equipment specifications for radiation therapy treatment, Nuclear Medicine and diagnostic imaging.
- Developing procedures for the initial and continuing evaluation of radiation therapy treatment, nuclear medicine and diagnostic imaging equipment.
- Providing evidence of compliance of equipment for radiation therapy treatment, Nuclear Medicine and Diagnostic imaging with regulatory and accreditation agency rules and recommendations.
- Performing acceptance testing, evaluation and commissioning of equipment used for radiation therapy treatment, Nuclear Medicine and Diagnostic imaging.
- Approving radiation oncology technical procedures prior to clinical use.
- Developing and managing a comprehensive Quality Management Program that monitors, evaluates, and optimizes radiation oncology processes.
- Directing the Radiation Oncology Physics program to include the technical direction of staff responsible for treatment planning, machine maintenance and repair and other physics support staff.
- Providing radiation oncology physics and radiation dosimetry training for medical practitioners and other health-care providers.
- Providing institutional consultation on program development in radiation oncology.
- Measuring and characterizing medical radiation from radiopharmaceuticals prior to clinical utilization.
- Consultancy work in building industry especially radiological premises.
- Participating in the development and implementation of strategic plans for Medical Physics.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory standards.
- Performing administrative duties.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Physics or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Two (2) years’ experience in Medical Physics.
- Registration with the Radiation Protection Board.
Method of Application
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online HERE and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available HERE in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 12th October 2018 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance