Job Title: Machine Operator – KBA 106 RAPIDA
Reporting: Production Manager / Production Supervisors
Liaison: Production / Maintenance
Location: To be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Job Summary: The person will be responsible for operating machinery and engage with the Production Team to ensure optimization of the organization’s machinery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate process plant according to directions in daily work schedule.
- Support Production Supervisors as required.
- Create & maintain accurate records relating to activity during shift.
- Ensure that manufactured products meet specifications by observing good manufacturing practices.
- Effective & efficient relaying of relevant information to colleagues &/or Production Supervisors.
- Actively participate in any / all continuous improvement activities.
- Share experience, knowledge & best practice with colleagues.
- Actively participate in shift meetings & training sessions.
- Demonstrate good housekeeping practices.
- Reporting on all defective machines to the production in-charge or production supervisor so that maintenance action may be undertaken.
- Apply best practice standards in all areas of Occupational, Health and Safety, quality procedures, Standard Operating Procedures & Job Safety Analysis systems.
- Proactively identify & make recommendations for improvements in all relevant areas of business.
- Ensure provided PPE is maintained & used as prescribed, replenishing as necessary.
- Controlling of further processing of products until conditions likely to cause nonconformities are eliminated.
- Any other duties as required by the Production Supervisors / Production Manager.
- Excellent High School qualifications as a minimum
- Minimum 4 year’s SPECIFIC operator experience in Operating KBA 106 RAPIDA in a printing industrial set-up.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and ability to work cross functionally with minimal supervision.
- High level of integrity
Qualified candidates to send their cvs to email@example.com on or before 14/9/2018
Only qualified candidates will be contacted