National Bank of Kenya
Position Title: Senior Audit Manager – Information Communication Technology Audits
Job Ref No. HR/055/2018
Position Grade: MG6
Division: Internal Audit
Reporting to: Director Internal Audit
Position Scope: The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out independent and objective assurance and consultancy services through examining, assessing and verifying the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the Bank’s Internal control systems, procedures, risk management and governance processes.
He/ She will be required to recommend continuous improvements on systems operations and enhance internal controls. The role holder will also be expected to perform Quality Assurance on respective department in line with IIA Guidelines.
- Take part in developing and enforcing Internal Audit policies, standards and procedures to ensure proper Assurance operations and maintenance of the IT assets.
- Provide leadership to Audit Manager/s in the audit of Information Systems in line with Audit objectives.
- Objectively review the systems established within the assigned areas to assess compliance with policies, procedures, laws and regulations and highlight significant improvement points.
- Plan and perform technical information systems audits on mapped critical areas, processes and highlight improvement areas.
- Participate from an audit perspective in reviewing acquisition process of major new Information Systems assets by advising project teams on information systems control and security issues and ensure IT capabilities are at the acceptable standards.
- Discuss audit findings and recommendations from the audit projects with audit clients and prepare report summaries for reporting significant control issues to the senior management and the Board Audit Committee.
- Track and follow up on relevant audit issues emanating from Internal Audit Reports, CBK Inspection Reports and External Audits to ensure timely closure.
- Participate in the review of the Internal Audit Charter in line with the relevant standards and guidelines.
- Participate in the development and/or review of risk based annual audit plans detailing the scope, nature and timing of audit activities.
- Conduct ad-hoc technical investigations and reviews as may be requested by senior management and/or the Board Audit Committee from time to time.
- Carry out internal assessment on Quality Assurance & Improvement Program and review continuous adoption in the Division as per Institute of Internal Auditors Guidelines.
- Supervise, coach, mentor and offer leadership to Audit managers and internal auditors.
- Perform consulting activities as scheduled or as requested by senior management.
- Tracking latest IT security innovations and keeping abreast of latest cyber security technologies.
- Prepare Board Audit Committee papers summarizing significant audit observations arising from ICT audits on quarterly basis.
- Championing and educating all internal stakeholders about the controls and checks to ensure Assurance of the IT Assets in the Bank.
- Ensure compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements in the normal course of duty
- Maintain confidentiality in line with the Bank’s Non-disclosure agreements and best practices as required.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant laws and regulations.
- To safeguard and promote the bank’s image with the general public within the scope of duty.
Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or Engineering in a recognized University.
- Professional qualification in IT Security e.g. CISA.
- CIA /CISM/CRISK Certifications will be an added advantage
- Member of ISACA in good standing
- IIA/ICPAK membership preferred
- Project Management Certification
- Eight to ten years’ experience in internal audit environment; four(4) of which should be at Systems Audit Team Leadership level.
- Leading teams; capable of empowering and leading an Internal Audit team to meet Bank and Internal Audit Assurance goals
- Leading Change; proven change management capability to drive the Internal Audit Assurance strategy.
- Innovation; able to keep up with trends of meeting the demands of internal and external customers and controls thereof.
- Collaboration; forms business partnerships that help drive the Bank’s IT Assurance Agenda
- Multi-tasking; able to manage several concurrent audit assignments and prioritize demands
- Flexibility and adaptability; ability to keep pace with latest technology and trends in addition to new security requirements
- Excellent communication skills; articulate in communicating to both internal and external stakeholders both at Junior and Senior level.
- Analytical; capable of managing numerous information sources and providing data analysis reports to senior management and stakeholders at the Board Level.
- Computer literate
- Proficiency in ICT Auditing
- Conversant with The Banking Act, Prudential Guidelines, International Accounting and Auditing Standards, Information Systems and Security standards.
- Sound Knowledge of the banking Industry.
- Excellent Report writing & communication skills
- Strong work ethic, exercise of due diligence and confidentiality
- Good Leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure, exercise of promptness and sense of urgency
- Good team player, problem solving and self-motivated
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the criteria given above, please CLICK HERE to submit your application with a detailed CV addressed to the Director Human Resources stating your current position, current gross salary, e-mail address and telephone contacts.
Applications received after the set deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.