Numerical Machining Complex
Job Advertisement: Managing Director
The Numerical Machining Complex a State Company managed in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Act Cap 486 and the State Corporation Act Cap 446 of the Laws of Kenya is currently seeking a dynamic and experienced strategist and leader to join and lead a vibrant team that is committed to accomplish NMC’s mission “To catalyse industrialisation in Kenya by leveraging national resources and modern manufacturing technologies through stakeholder collaboration for sustainable development”.
The control and executive management of the affairs of the NMC is vested in the Managing Director who is also a member of the Board of Directors.
The Managing Director’s responsibilities include among others the following:-
a) Provide strong and strategic leadership to the NMC and facilitate achievement of set objectives and goals.
b) Control and manage the day to day business of NMC.
c) Ensure that Production and Retail Services are profitably run and that the Company realizes the planned rate of return on investment assets.
d) Develop and submit to the Board of Directors proposals on business plans and annual operating budgets for approval.
e) Take leadership to ensure that all NMC’s held assets and facilities are properly maintained, improved and re-developed in order to realize better returns, highest levels of research and development, efficient production, capacity building, safety and efficiency.
f) Establish proper internal monitoring systems, procedures and processes for optimal utilization and management of the financial, human and physical assets in order to meet operational, socio-economic and business objectives of the NMC.
g) Implement Government and Board’s directives in a results oriented and timely manner.
h) Provide linkages between the Government, the Board of Directors and the Management.
i) Assist the Board to formulate and implement a strategic framework that is consistent with overall growth objectives of the NMC, the Vision 2030 national development goals, industrial development in the Country and in the current plan period the Big four initiatives of the Government.
j) Engage stakeholders in the manufacturing, services and education sectors including the County Governments for purposes of delivering the NMC strategic plan.
k) Provide and cultivate a strong people oriented work environment that promotes productivity and result oriented culture in the NMC.
The person capacities sought, among others include:-
- Should be a person of high integrity and should meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenya Constitution and Article 232 on Values and Principles of the Public Service;
- The ideal candidate must be a holder of a Bachelors degree from a recognized university in any of the following fields; Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Chemical Metallurgy, Manufacturing, Production, Civil Engineering, Human Resource Management, Finance, Economics, Auditing, Accounting, Public Administration, Commerce Business Administration, Communications, or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, preferably Industrial Engineering, Commerce (Marketing Option), Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Strategic Management, Finance, Economics, Auditing, Accounting, Public Administration, Communications, Project
Planning/Management or their equivalent qualification in a related field from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of 15 years professional experience 5 years of which must have been at senior management level with the responsibility of coordinating multidisciplinary teams, preferably within a manufacturing industry;
- Be registered professional or member of a reputable professional body;
- Should have undergone Corporate Governance training from a recognized institution;
- Outstanding track record of performance and achievement with a demonstrated thorough understanding of strategic planning, management policies and development programmes;
- Proven excellent leadership skills;
- Strong strategic thinking competences and visionary skills;
- Highly developed business and commercial acumen;
- Strong interpersonal relations and networking;
- Excellent people management skills and ability to lead, motivate and build result oriented workplace teams;
- Proven ability in implementing and managing change;
- Excellent ability to influence and possess good negotiation skills;
- Good knowledge of public procurement and public finance procedures;
- Should have experience and capacity to mobilize resources for project implementation;
- Sound knowledge of research and development strategies, manufacturing industry dynamics and capacity development initiatives.
Terms of offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate within
the SRC structure for a Government Corporation of Commercial/ manufacturing category PC 7C.
If you can clearly demonstrate the ability to meet the above criteria please submit your application along with testimonials, certificates, a detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration level, email and telephone contact to reach us on or before 30th September, 2018.
Board of Directors
Numerical Machining Complex,
KR Central Workshops Road,
P. O. Box 70660 – 00400
Advertisement available on the NMC website: www.nmc.go.ke
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
“Numerical Machining Complex is an equal opportunity employer.”