Numerical Machining Complex
Job Advertisement: Senior Superintending Engineer (Production)
The Numerical Machining Complex a State Company managed in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Act Cap 486 and the State Corporation Act Cap 446 of the Laws of Kenya.
It is currently seeking a dynamic and experienced senior production engineer and leader to join and lead a vibrant workshop production team that is committed to accomplish NMC’s mission.
The Senior Superintending Engineer’s responsibilities include among others the following:-
- Installation of machinery and equipment; maintenance of machinery and equipment; adherence to engineering safety measures and quality control systems;
- Initiation of design and development of products and manufacturing processes.
- Approving designs, drawings and keeping of their records and maintenance; review, verify and validate designs.
- Assurance of competitiveness and innovation of products and processes from a technological, design standpoint, affordability and market demand and in line with environmental sustainability;
- Compliance to standards and regulations in production of products;
- Supervision of production units, determination and inspection of production inputs and outputs; management of projects, research and development;
- Formulation and review of specifications for purchase of machinery and equipment;
- Compilation of design reports and collaboration documents or the co-ordination of the preparation of periodical and projects’ status reports
- Implementation of research and development projects
- Spearheading of technology upgrade in the company by continuous search for best-in-class technologies and development of adoption roadmaps
- Development and the implementation of standards
- Fostering of collaboration with stakeholders on technical, research and development matters centering on the company growth, product and process development
- Development and control of departmental budget to ensure optimum resource utilization
- Development of employees assigned to production, through training needs assessment, design and implement training programmes aimed at equipping staff with appropriate job competencies to design and deliver high quality products and services;
- Should be a person of high integrity and should meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenya Constitution and Article 232 on Values and Principles of the Public Service;
- The ideal candidate must be a holder of a Bachelors degree from a recognized university in any of the following fields; Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Metallurgy, Chemical, Manufacturing, Production, Civil Engineering or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 8 years professional experience 4 years of which must have been at middle management level with the responsibility of design, development and modification of products and processes; installation, operation, maintenance and parts inventories of machinery and equipment; setting appropriate production systems, work procedures and planning, estimation of costs and training of technical staff preferably within manufacturing industry;
- Be registered professional engineer with the Engineers Board of Kenya or another recognized engineering profession body;
- Should have certificates in a management course and computer application skills from a recognized institution;
- Strong interpersonal relations and networking;
- Excellent people management skills and ability to lead, motivate and build result oriented production teams;
- Proven ability and professional competence in the utilization of equipment and machinery in a production workshop environment;
- Should have experience and capacity for research and development, project planning and implementation;
- Proven competence in quality assurance processes of inspection, assessment, verification and continuous monitoring for a performing quality assurance system.
Terms of offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate within the NMC approved SRC salary structure.
If you can clearly demonstrate the ability to meet the above criteria please submit your application along with testimonials, certificates, a detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration level, email and telephone contact to reach us on or before 30th September, 2018.
Board of Directors,
Numerical Machining Complex,
KR Central Workshops off Bunyala Road
P. O. Box 70660 – 00400
Advertisement available on the NMC website: www.nmc.go.ke
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Numerical Machining Complex is an equal opportunity employer