Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital
Job Vacancy: Occupational Therapist
Job Summary: The incumbent will enhance or restore function of multiple body systems through a number of physical or physiological therapeutic interventions and aids.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Review patients’ history and perform the respective therapies.
- Investigate patients’ sensory-motor behaviour and physical condition, identify patients’ main problems and develop a treatment plan in consultation with other health professionals.
- Perform rehabilitation processes on patients.
- Evaluate progress of patients, modify treatment where necessary and cessation of treatment once goals have been achieved.
- Assist patients who have strained muscles or limbs to do proper exercises to fully regain their health and teaching these exercises to the patients for faster and successful recovery.
- Using relevant information and individual judgement to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations or standards.
- Oversee and ensure compliance and adherence within the rehabilitation department with procedures to fulfil any legislative and/or administrative requirements with respect to infection prevention and control, health and safety measures and emergency procedures.
- Diploma in Occupational Therapy
Relevant Job Experience
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar position
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating the job title you are applying for in the Email subject.
Closing date for application is 4th October 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted