Our client, an oil and gas company is desirous of recruiting a General Manager, Finance, Treasury and Trade, to take overall charge of managing of the Company’s Finance and Trading departments.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the General Manager, will be tasked with the following:
- Developing and implementing the Company’s Finance and Trading strategies;
- Championing the business process improvement and continuity agenda for the Company by enhancing and optimizing the processes for existing products and services to ensure all times efficient, effective and competitive;
- Ensuring that the Company’s interests are adequately covered through insurance to minimize exposure to losses;
- Overseeing preparation of the Company’s annual budget and final accounts;
- Ensuring that Finance and Trade departments are consistent with the Company’s best practices;
- Overseeing implementation of day-to-day activities of oil trading;
- Overseeing the development, utilization, and maintenance of models to evaluate oil trading opportunities;
- Securing funding for the Company’s activities at the most competitive rates;
- Monitoring the performance of the Company’s liabilities such as leases, insurance summaries, contingencies and loan expectations;
- Monitoring the annual financial budget and submitting performance reports to the Board and management;
- Ensuring revenue assurance, disbursements, accounting and reporting;
- Designing and ensuring compliance and adherence to company policies, procedures and systems and statutory requirements; and
- Coaching, mentoring and developing the finance team and ensuring excellent performance and effective succession planning in the Department.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Strategic Management, Finance, Accounting or any business field or equivalent.
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance, Commerce, or other related field
- CPA-K or ACCA
- At least 12 years’ relevant experience, 5 of which should have been at a senior management level in Finance;
- Proven intellectual leadership in managing people, operations and financial resources;
- Proven ability to think strategically and design long term plans;
- Strong supervision, coaching and mentoring skills;
- Strong organizational and coordination skills; and
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
How to Apply
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and are thus required to submit clearance certificates from the following institutions together with the job application:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics & Anti – Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Evidence of on-going clearance is admissible subject to satisfactory results (presentation of a clearance certificate from the above institutions) before the selection process.
Applicants should either email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR send their application and detailed CV with copies of certificates, indicating current position, qualifications, working experience, current remuneration, names of at least three (3) professional referees and daytime telephone number to:-
Africa Management Solutions Limited
Vision Plaza 3rd Floor, Unit 12A, Mombasa Road,
P.O. Box 10639-00100 Nairobi
Applicants should download, fill and submit the employment application form from www.amsol.co.ke:
Applications should reach us not later than 17.00 Hours on Friday 14th September 2018.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer